New Anime Releases for Monday:

Anime Legends: Code Geass Part 1 of 2

(RRP: £29.99)

19095186_500x500_1.jpg

Gundam 00 Season 2 Vol 3 of 3
(RRP: £34.99)
51RAZtEVS1L.jpg

Anime to be Released the Week After (06/06/2011):
(Blu-Ray) Eden of the East Movie 1: King Of Eden/Air Communication (RRP: £22.99)
Eden of the East Movie 1: King Of Eden/Air Communication (RRP: £17.99)
(Re-Release) Gunparade March Complete Collection (RRP: £29.99)

Has anyone had Code Geass Anime Legends dispatch yet? I Preordered a few weeks ago from off Sainsburys and they unable to dispatch it yet as it already out of stock?

Sainsbury's probably ordered in about 3 copies of Geass, if that. Unless you got an extraordinarily good deal I'd have to wonder why you'd go there instead to one of the usual suspects (HMV or Amazon, both of whom have it in stock).

It's a good price (£18 online) but I didn't much like the first 13 episodes of Geass. The two leads lie at opposite ends of the douchebag spectrum, and some of the cast apparently think they're competing in one long gurning contest.

Neferpitou said:
Has anyone had Code Geass Anime Legends dispatch yet? I Preordered a few weeks ago from off Sainsburys and they unable to dispatch it yet as it already out of stock?
Yup. Ordered from HMV.

MAN! They split the first season in HALF? They expect me to spend sixty quid on a 26 ep show?

*sits tight and waits for a complete boxset OR the price to go down down down down down in a couple years' time*

*in the meantime, pre-orders complete 26 eps of Planetes for half the price*

VivisQueen said:
MAN! They split the first season in HALF? They expect me to spend sixty quid on a 26 ep show?
No, I'm pretty sure it's all 26 episodes.

(If it was my comment that confused you, I meant that I'd watched the first 13 episodes previously, not that this release contains 13 episodes.)

Already have the previous Geass sets from Beez and I R1ed the rest of 00 in a desperate frenzy a while ago. I want my preordered DRRR!! 3. Especially as I saw it at Expo on the table ;_;

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
VivisQueen said:
No, I'm pretty sure it's all 26 episodes.

(If it was my comment that confused you, I meant that I'd watched the first 13 episodes previously, not that this release contains 13 episodes.)

Okay, so that means Part 1 refers to it being the first season. And Part 2 will be R2. Gotcha, thanks.

Lawrence said:
VivisQueen said:

And Japan expects you to spend roughly 400 quid on a 26 episode show.

Deal with it.

Oh I do detest a smart alec. Especially when his/her response isn't particularly smart.

I'm pretty sure they mean that they split the first season into two parts Vivis, they did that when the show was first released, besides, £60 seems to be what the average anime series costs nowadays, unless you're one of the big three

memorium said:
I'm pretty sure they mean that they split the first season into two parts Vivis, they did that when the show was first released, besides, £60 seems to be what the average anime series costs nowadays, unless you're one of the big three

Not when I shop, they don't! Each part of Seirei no Moribito's going on amazon for a tenner. Most of the other shows are going for 20-30 range COMPLETE. Some slightly less.

Perhaps they cost that much when they first come out? But by the time I buy them (because I'm a cheapskate who has no problem with waiting), they're much less. Ah, I remember that sweet buy of Ouran for twelve quid. *savours the value for money*

id be happy if all 26 episode of a full series was together. there are some who dont do this e.g.
big O
gravion 2
the uk release
its ok though im getting these anyway on axle music

i dont think its going to end well if code geass is going to be a anime legend, dont get me wrong for what iv been hearing code geass deserves to be a anime legend but code geass will have to be a 2 part series like eureka 7

I'm more or less convinced that Geass will be the complete first series.

However, if it ISN'T, then y'all can stand back and watch me drop a huge bomb on Beez right here. Because splitting a show they've already released over two box set releases at the price this one is going for would be utterly deplorable - and unprecedented in the Anime Legends line.

But then, I seriously doubt that's the case. So you probably won't see me unleash my legendary ire.

Play list it at 10 hours 25 minutes, HMV have it as a six disc collection, so do The Hut, Anime on line has a run time listed of 625 minutes... The US AL release was 625 minutes and The Complete First Season.

Can we stop panicking now?

Back