Durarara!! (SUB only) Part 1 of 3
(RRP: £24.99)

16142336x.jpg

Gundam 00 Season 2 Vol 1 of 3
(RRP: £34.99)

16151525x.jpg

Stuart-says-yes said:
ayase said:
Still not buying 00 until it gets an English BD release.

That would be inconvenient, it would look nice on BD but I'd rather not buy the dvd's just to find out there will be a BD release, you know because there like £25 each, not that I'm complaining about it.
Might take a long, long time, have Beez released any series (or plan to) to BD yet.
Only US company that are doing BD re-releases is FUNi, so far.

Your best hope is it getting box setted in Japan with English sub/dub, as has happened to a lot of Bandai Ent shows. £25 for 3 parts will be nearly free in comparison to that.

Not buying the release they have done won't help it get a BD release, more likely to make them think there aren't enough potential buyers and not do one. You need to tell them you won't buy the dvd, only the BD, if you haven't already done so.

Lack of funds has prevented me from buying any new anime for a while. But Eden Of The East has gone to the top of my shopping list.

Gundam OO series 2 is a welcome sight. And we get the series in 3 parts as opposed to 4 like the US. Which is nice.

Reaper gI said:
Not buying the release they have done won't help it get a BD release, more likely to make them think there aren't enough potential buyers and not do one. You need to tell them you won't buy the dvd, only the BD, if you haven't already done so.
I have done so. I know it's unlikely that it will get a UK release (unfortunately) but I'm at least hoping for a US release somewhere down the line. I'm not going to double dip just to support the industry. Maybe if I earned an extra few thousand a year I'd be happy to throw caution to the wind, but until then I'm going to hang on for the release I want.

I want all of them, but cannot afford all of them.

00 gets priority for me - I'll wait until I can get Durarara dub - Crunchyroll have it for free.

If that happens, certainly will be bitchy. At least, Beez better offer free postage for when people have to trade in their discs to get the dub.

My list of "To Buy" is too long now.

As long as it stays up long enough for me to watch it. I was going to buy it, but then my card got cloned and my account pilfered. So now I have to wait for my bank to sort that out before I can use electronic funds again.

Might take a look on the high street and use some of that... what's it called... yeah cash!

Just Passing Through said:
Yeah, but if Beez are anything like the US companies... it'll be geolocked from the UK come Monday morning.
What's that happened to?
Sora no Otoshimono, Gintama, Neo Angelique Abyss etc. are all up for the US.

They'd have to buy the UK streaming rights off CR, or CR have them non-exclusive. Which means Beez wouldn't get the rights to C&D anyway.

Just Passing Through said:
As long as it stays up long enough for me to watch it. I was going to buy it, but then my card got cloned and my account pilfered. So now I have to wait for my bank to sort that out before I can use electronic funds again.

Might take a look on the high street and use some of that... what's it called... yeah cash!

C-a-s-h? Damn, that takes me back.

Reaper gI said:
Your best hope is it getting box setted in Japan with English sub/dub, as has happened to a lot of Bandai Ent shows.
Have they done this with many shows that had already had a release on BD in singles?

Back