New Anime Releases 29/09/2014

GITS, Wind Rises and Toradora! have been ordered.

Contemplating whether Gargantia could be my first proper foray into the American market (along with a few other titles previously released).

Good week for releases. :D

I've heard some great things about Gargantia.

I'll add that to my list of shows to buy if I can ever afford UK anime again, along with Bodacious Space Pirates. :p

Gargantia is very good, especially if you like big, weighty sci-fi themes explored in an interesting manner. There seemed to be a lot of fuss over it at the time it was airing, which strangely seems to have died down a lot now. But yeah, definitely worth checking out.

Already own the individual parts of Bodacious Space Pirates on DVD. Will most likely upgrade to the US Blu-ray release at a later date.

Already have the US release of Gargantia.

Not interested in the GITS Steelbook.

Planning on picking up The Wind Rises CE.

Received the Blu-ray of Toradora! today.

Despite I said before I wanted to pre-order Toradora I turned September into a "zero month". Three reasons:
1: The exchange rate has been absolutely terrible for me. (Also in contrast to the dollar)
2: I wanted to read upon flaws first to make sure it's nothing too bad like with the Bodacious Space Pirates BD.
3: My photo camera has been sent in for repair, so I wouldn't be able to take pictures.

I'm very likely to pick up Toradora and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet on Blu-ray at some point.
I'm likely to pick up the US Complete Collection BD of Bodacious Space Pirates at some point in the (distant) future.

I never watched anything Ghibli before, so for now it's rather unlikely that I'll watch/buy it.
Not interested in the original Ghost in the Shell movie(s) for the time being either.

Ian Wolf said:
I think this is the most releases I've posted in single week.
The last Monday of the month is crazy in both September, October and November.

29/09/2014 - 5 titles over 9 total editions. (Including The Wind Rises, Toradora and Ghost in the Shell steelbook)
27/10/2014 - 8 titles over 11 total editions. (Including Garden of Sinners LE, HAL CE and Blood Lad CE.)
24/11/2014 - 7 titles over 11 total editions. (Including Space Dandy CE, Ghost in the Shell Arise and some Monogatari)

A lot of delays got pushed to 27 October, but I kind of expect Blood Lad to get delayed into November though.

Back