New Anime Releases 27/06/2011: Akira & Gurren Lagann!

Neferpitou

Stand User
New Anime Releases for Monday:

(Blu-ray & DVD) Akira: Collector's Edition Steel Book

(RRP: £29.99)

19095324_500x500_1.jpg

(Blu-ray) Akira
(RRP: £27.99)

18893455_500x500_1.jpg

Akira
(RRP: £19.99)

10368512-1299169471-492000.jpg

Anime Legends: Gurren Lagann Complete Series
(RRP: £29.99)

19095187_500x500_1.jpg

Anime Legends: Planetes Complete Series
(RRP: £24.99)

planetesanimelegendssta.jpg

Vampire Knight Guilty: Volume 3 of 4
(RRP: £12.99)

19095335_500x500_1.jpg

Anime to be Released the Week After (4/07/2011):
(Blu-Ray) Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai (RRP: £24.99)
Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai (RRP: £19.99)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2nd Season) + The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan (RRP: £39.99)

Remember, if your buying the Haruhi set next week, keep in mind that it's a) the Mono Audio disks and b) Manga had their chance to fix this.

So really, in a way, your funding inadequacy.

ConanThe3rd said:
Remember, if your buying the Haruhi set next week, keep in mind that it's a) the Mono Audio disks and b) Manga had their chance to fix this.

It has stereo dub, and thats all that is important. *ducks*

ConanThe3rd said:

By merely paying for endless eight we're funding inadequacy.

I don't think the gulf between how epic Gurren Lagann is and how epic that cover art is could possibly be any greater. Dullsville.

Also, I find myself strangely entranced by the female (? could be a trap) character on the Vampire Knight cover. Shame about the bishies.

Just the Akira Steelbook for me this week.

DanM said:
I'll be buying Haruhi S2 next week. I seem to be one of the few who actually enjoyed endless eight.

That was at the pace of one episode a week. That's bearable. That gives you a chance to rant about it on a forum or something.

I just watched eight episodes in four nights. I want my soul back. It's been sapped.

Just Passing Through said:
I just watched eight episodes in four nights. I want my soul back. It's been sapped.
And on the other hand I last rewatched it in two sittings and thought it was even better than when I watched it originally.

CloudedMinds said:
Thats no trap ;)
Well that's a relief. You never can tell with shoujo because all the men look like women.

What's the deal with that, anyway? Do men who look like women set fangirls' hearts aflutter? I can't imagine male fans wanting female characters to look like men. ayase excepted

Last edited by a moderator:
megagold5 said:
ConanThe3rd said:

It has stereo dub, and thats all that is important. *ducks*
It's more the ignoring every signpost about the problem that gaulls me.

I'm not buying Haruhi. Not because of the issue, or Endless Eight. Nope I just really hate the franchise, never did see the fuss about it.

Re: New Anime Releases 27/06/2011: Akira & Gurren Lagann

Neferpitou said:
Anime to be Released the Week After (4/07/2011):
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2nd Season) + The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan (RRP: £39.99)

I thought it was only Haruhi-chan Part 1?

Not that it matters to me as I cancelled it and went for the region 1 version - at least if the discs are mono I can ask for the newer versions from Bandai (and have them shipped via Planetaxel's distribution address).

Just Passing Through said:
That was at the pace of one episode a week. That's bearable. That gives you a chance to rant about it on a forum or something.

Actually i watched them at a rate of 2 a night, so over 4/5 days. I waited until series 2 had finished airing before watching it.

Got my Akira steelbook. It is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. My great hope is that we'll get a matching original GitS steelbook someday... a man can dream. Speaking of which:

fabricatedlunatic said:
I can't imagine male fans wanting female characters to look like men. ayase excepted
Whoa, whoa. Men? Let's not get carried away here. If anything, it's women who look more like boys who... uh...

I should probably shut up now before I dig myself an even deeper hole. Which, incidentally, *is* an important facto... NO!

fabricatedlunatic said:
What's the deal with that, anyway? Do men who look like women set fangirls' hearts aflutter? I can't imagine male fans wanting female characters to look like men. ayase excepted

I don't think they look like women (well, some do, but that's usually on purpose and played for laughs and is generally limited to perhaps one character per series). They are however pretty, because we all secretly want men to be pretty but in real life they can get away with being charmingly lived-in ;p

Western interpretations of the theme (e.g. Twilight) tend to come across as being a bit horrifying as the chaps in that don't look pretty at all, yet pretty real people do exist as pop music occasionally teaches. Yet the Twilight men are treated as though they are attractive. I don't really get it. It could be because I'm not 12.

I have yet to watch Vampire Knight but suspect it will irritate me due to the characters all being youngish and dithery, however pretty yet competent men like Sebastian (Black Butler) are fine by me.

R (grizzly men have their own charm points as well~)

Back