22857685_500x500_1.jpg

Bleach: Complete Series 6
(RRP: £39.99)

21100920_500x500_1.jpg

Bleach: Series 7 Part 1
(RRP: £24.99)

19511333_500x500_1.jpg

Anime to be Released the Week After:
(Blu-Ray) Gantz (Live action) (RRP: £24.99)
Gantz (Live action) (RRP: £19.99)
Phantom Requiem: for the Phantom (RRP: £24.99)
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Complete Series (RRP: £29.99)

ilmaestro said:
2001 Nights was meant to be not so good, right?
That's what I heard.

Also, I have Bleach S.6 volume 1, but not the others, and I don't want to buy the boxset as I already have volume 1. So this week is a miss for me.

No doubt about it (for me at least) that Gundam OO is the unchallenged highlight of this week.

Should have a review ready for the sight soon!

Well, my Gundam OO box set arrived today, and I couldn't help but watch a couple of episodes.

Now, this is still super hi-grade, Trans-Am powered, must-have mecha anime. But I'm a little bummed at some of the authoring gaffes on the discs.

Also, maybe it's just me, but my Toshiba DVD player will NOT play these discs at all! How weird is that???

So, having bought this set to support Gundam in the West and replace my R1 discs has left me a little disappointed.

I assume that the discs in the set are the same as the singles; what are the issues you have had HdE? Mine played fine. I think there were some unsubtitled on-screen text moments (when it would pop up the name of a faction) but that's all.

R

The box for Bleach Series 6 again I have to say really looks nice, but the cheapskate side of me took over and bought the two volume sets which are £5.99 each at the moment on amazon

Rui said:
I assume that the discs in the set are the same as the singles; what are the issues you have had HdE? Mine played fine. I think there were some unsubtitled on-screen text moments (when it would pop up the name of a faction) but that's all.

It's basically just as I stated. My budget Toshiba DVD player takes an age to load the disc, and when it does, there's so much image break-up that the whole thing is completely unwatchable. You can't even see to make selections on the menus!

Fortunately, my old Panasonic plays it okay. I've noticed the un-subbed captions. Really no excuse for that. A show this epic in scale really benefits from having that stuff be clearly legible.

Maybe a list should be compiled for the Beez thread, in the hope that Andrew would be kind enough to pass it on. There might be something their authoring people are doing wrong which can be corrected if it's coming up so much!

I've not had any problems but I use a fairly non-standard setup on my computer and my standalone player is formidable. It seems to be able to play even the most screwed up discs around.

R

I DID set up a 'technical difficulties' thread way back when I first registered here... maybe it could be bumped and put to use?

Back