New Anime Releases 25/11/2013

Demelza said:
Mangaranga said:
Demelza said:
Definitely picking up Another. Saddened by the lack of Blu-ray release for this one too, but at the same time I'm pretty sure I'd only pick up the DVD anyways.

Feels like a long time since I first watched this show, quite looking forward to revisiting it~
I shouldn't need to say this at all, but the visual upgrade for this show (Including pretty much every other show nowadays) is definitely worth importing the BD for. It's ridiculous that shows are still getting DVD only releases, let alone DVD releases at all considering it's 2013 and every show is animated in HD.

To be fair the amount of people with a BD player against those with a DVD player is still fairly slim, so the DVD option should always be there even if it does mean lesser quality.

When buying BD, personally, it comes down to how much money I have and how often the series is going to be rewatched. While Another is likely very, very nice with the upgraded visuals it's also a series I'll likely only watch once, maybe twice in the space of a year. It's not something like SAO or Guilty Crown (as recently released examples), that I'll watch maybe four or five times a year and will also be sharing with my family. The visual upgrade just isn't worth the cost of importing for this one, and I'm not too sure I'd have paid the extra amount if it had made it out over here either.

BD really are a show by show case for me. Just depends what it is. ^^

Same here. Only films/ shows I really love are deemed worthy of blu-ray quality :p

The kicker for me though is when better content is held on the 3D blu-ray releases or there is only a 3d blu + blu release, not a standalone blu release (looks Day of the Doctor, Hobbit Extended Edition, and The Wolverine 3D square in the face and holds the stare for several uncomfortable minutes).

As a side-note, would anyone who gets the Perfect Blu-ray be kind enough to spell out what it contains? I'm guessing just the DVD, Blu and the art cards/ mini posters, but if there's anything else that could well sway me.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
As a side-note, would anyone who gets the Perfect Blu-ray be kind enough to spell out what it contains? I'm guessing just the DVD, Blu and the art cards/ mini posters, but if there's anything else that could well sway me.

I've checked the Blu-ray and DVD on-disc content and all of the extras are the same (JP/UK trailers, Interviews, English Credits etc.).

Back