New Anime Releases - 20/12/2015

I'm reviewing Chaika for the site but unfortunately the review won't be up for a little bit. Interested in Samurai Flamenco so I'll probably get that at some point, possibly when Part 2 comes out.

Just Samurai Flamenco for me. I didn't like Chaika, gave up on Naruto and don't want Kaze's version of Magi (which I'd otherwise rather like to buy).

R

Chaika the Coffin princess turned up the other day . Forgot I had it on pre-order till I got an email from base telling me it was dispatched . I'm going to try Samurai Flamenco on Netflix and get it after Christmas if i like it . The other two I won't get

My copy of Chaika arrived on Friday, very good series and will on the lookout for season two next year. Not interested in any of the other releases.

I'm interested in Magi. Unfortunately I'll never own it because the US/AU release is DVD only and it's a Kaze release over here.
I might give SamFlam another go in the future, but I dropped it around halfway through when it aired so it's not a high priority.
I've never seen or heard anything about Chaika before but If I ever do buy it, it'll be the Sentai release.

robot monkey said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
st_owly said:
Surprised it got an 18 though.

It didn't, that's just a placeholder for the box art before they actually got it rated. I think it ended up as a 15.

Assume that's on the basis of the violence?

Not sure, can't actually find a listing on the BBFC site. Considering the only clip I've seen of the show is of what I think is a horse exploding into a bloody mess, I think it's a safe assumption.

Will I be buying any of these? No, no, no and no. I considered Flamenco just because the artwork is pretty, but I don't have sufficient money for such frivolity.

Samurai Flamenco and Chaika somewhere down the road, but that's something for 2016. Still doubting to get the Sentai or Animatsu release of Chaika. Guess the Amazon listing for Chaika UK is wrong, as it states 1 disc and the Sentai release is a 2-disc set. AFAIK the UK version is the exact same as the US version ?

Back