19511349_500x500_1.jpg

Xam'd: Lost Memories Part 1
(RRP: £24.99)

19511303_500x500_1.jpg

Casshern Sins Part 2
(RRP: £24.99)

19511302_500x500_1.jpg

Anime to be Released the Week After (25/07/2011):
(Blu-Ray)Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time (RRP: £14.99)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time (RRP: £9.99)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Space : Volume 1 (RRP: £29.99)
Sound Of The Sky (RRP: £39.99???)

Damn why can't manga keep the same colour scheme on the casshern sins vols? it's going to look stupid with a dark and light cover for the series.

You forget the Manga Credo:
Release a fraction of a show in HD and then cancel it after you've confirmed the rest will be region locked!

Paradox295 said:
THEY ACTUALLY CANCELLED THE CASSHERN Pt2 BD?!?!?!
After also cancelling the FMA:B BD two volumes in. And now they expect people to buy V.1 of Xam'd.

Why does the phrase sod off suddenly loom large in my mind?

ayase said:
Paradox295 said:
THEY ACTUALLY CANCELLED THE CASSHERN Pt2 BD?!?!?!
After also cancelling the FMA:B BD two volumes in. And now they expect people to buy V.1 of Xam'd.

Why does the phrase sod off suddenly loom large in my mind?

It probably means nothing... But unlike FMA:B (obviously because of the schedule), and unlike Casshern Sins, the Blu-ray and DVD check discs for Xam'd were sent out complete, both part 1 and part 2.

Now that may only mean that it's just reviewers that get to see the whole thing in HD, but they usually don't start pressing review check discs unless they're pressing retail discs as well.

EDIT: And yes, I would wait to see if part 2 was released for retail before buying Part 1.

Really want to buy Xam'd now but want it on blu ray, will wait until the next volume is released to ensure i dont get strung again buying a blu ray series only to have it cancelled.

Manga really need to sort their act out in this regard.

Just Passing Through said:
EDIT: And yes, I would wait to see if part 2 was released for retail before buying Part 1.
As would anyone with an ounce of sense. Which probably means they'll sell even less copies of part one of Xam'd than they did either of the other series on BD, due to the fact that everybody will wait to see if there will indeed be a part two this time.

I don't understand how you've hurt yourself if you buy the first volume of Xam'd on BD (unless you don't like the show, obv.), regardless of what happens down the line. Scenarios for part 2 other than "you end up getting both parts on BD":

If you get the DVD of part 1... you get the DVD. If they cancel the BD... you get the DVD.

ilmaestro said:
I don't understand how you've hurt yourself if you buy the first volume of Xam'd on BD (unless you don't like the show, obv.), regardless of what happens down the line. Scenarios for part 2 other than "you end up getting both parts on BD":

If you get the DVD of part 1... you get the DVD. If they cancel the BD... you get the DVD.

ilmae doesn't get re-sell value ;)

who's wants my complete FMA boxset, btw it has 2 blurays and 2 dvd's so hope u enjoy the 2nd half in substandard quality

Your opinion on the matter would be null and void due to bias even if you were coming up with something legitimate and likely the be the issues raised by other people. :p

If I start buying a show on BD, I don't want it on DVD. That was the point of me buying it on BD to begin with. If ADV had offered VHS copies of the last two volumes of Kurau after cancelling the DVDs I wouldn't have bought them, why should this be any different?

And yeah, dropping the best part of fifty notes on FMA:B BDs which are now worth about a tenner has left a pretty bitter taste.

If you would rather not have the show at all than potentially have only half of it on BD, then I would definitely suggest not buying it at all, sure, but not for entirely the same reasons that you seem to be using. I will admit I was coming from the angle of assuming you wanted the show.

If you are seriously trying to complain about how it affects residual financial value, I can have no sympathy.

I don't want part of the show in a lower quality to that which the rest of it has been released in, no. That's why I imported FMA:B BDs rather than buying the UK DVDs and will do the same if I want Casshern. If there is a BD available, that's what I'm going to buy.

Back