16150666x.jpg

(Re-Release) Tenjho Tenge: Complete Collection
(RRP: £39.99)

17408388x.jpg

(Re-Release) Witchblade: Complete Collection
(RRP: £39.99)

16150681x.jpg

Nothing there for me to pick up.

I thought Samurai 7 had already been re-released? An excellent show. I loved every minute of it, cheap-tastic re-cap episode aside.

Surely most of those £40 sets could be cheaper at this point in time?

Also, for whatever reason I like to call Elemental Gelade either Elemental Jarrod (the down-to-Earth version starring Toady from Neighbors) or Elemental Gelato (The Italian version featuring a new dessert each week).

ilmaestro said:
Surely most of those £40 sets could be cheaper at this point in time?

Also, for whatever reason I like to call Elemental Gelade either Elemental Jarrod (the down-to-Earth version starring Toady from Neighbors) or Elemental Gelato (The Italian version featuring a new dessert each week).
That is what Manga RRP the equivalent at, though for the reissues should probly lower it a tenner, more in line with Beez's AL releases.

I'm not interested in Gundam or Hetalia and I have the rest so nothing really for me. I may check out the Tenjho Tenge as I believe the old UK release had an OAV the US release did not. Not a bad selection though, especially since after discounts you should be able to pick things up for around £25.

That's a long list, but nothing on it really grabs me... which is good considering how little money I have to spend on myself at the moment...

fabricatedlunatic said:
MVM's move to bricks for their collections is truly lamentable ;_;
As is their decision to represent the number of discs visually on the front cover.

"6 Disc Collection! Oh, and in case you don't know how many 'six' is, here's a handy picture!"

I think the RRP for those shows could come down a bit.

Confession of guilt - my Samurai 7 box set was an R1 import which I got for £12.00 or thereabouts. Now I know MVM would be hard pressed to match that, but if the RRP were just ten pounds less, I'd be inclined to support the region 2 release.

Mind you, my Toshiba DVD player doesn't like the R1 discs and stutters and skips randomly through the opening and ending, which is annoying.

Why oh why do these issues occur when you region hack your DVD player, eh? :roll:

ayase said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
MVM's move to bricks for their collections is truly lamentable ;_;
As is their decision to represent the number of discs visually on the front cover.

"6 Disc Collection! Oh, and in case you don't know how many 'six' is, here's a handy picture!"
Heh. Along with all the press quotes, their front covers are a bit of an eyesore.

memorium said:
i'm sure season 2 of AMG is 24/26 episodes, not 16...
Yep and it's 24 if you include the specials. I'm sure I pointed that out before.
It is listed as 6 disks on amazon and at 560 minutes which is about right for 24 eps, if a little short.
Think that's an error with the preview packaging.

Reaper gI said:
memorium said:
i'm sure season 2 of AMG is 24/26 episodes, not 16...
Yep and it's 24 if you include the specials. I'm sure I pointed that out before.
It is listed as 6 disks on amazon and at 560 minutes which is about right for 24 eps, if a little short.
Think that's an error with the preview packaging.
most likely, all the sites i've searched say it's 26 eps

Back