(RRP: £29.99)

17833298x.jpg

(Re-Release) Paranoia Agent Complete Collection

18137734x.jpg

(Re-Release) Slayers Next Complete Collection

17833301x.jpg

I am definitely liking MVM's new pricing.

I recently watched Rozen Maiden. It's quite an odd one. It has everything from dull/VERY mediocre stuff to actually quite good stuff. Very nearly stopped watching it at certain points due to sheer boredom, but then the next episode would put me back on track... Second season is better imo, with some of the comedy episodes being very good indeed.

Got the Slayers collection/Blu-Rays from Funi due to DVD price being 3x less pretty much...... that and me likey Blu-Ray.

Mahoromatic is a'ight, has a very funny bit in "Something More Beautiful" somewhere.

IkkiTousen is one of my few dropped shows, dint get past a few eps in for that one...

I only intended to write about Roze Maiden, but oh well... FYI, I got nothing for Paranoia Agent, ain't seen it.

EDIT: Some typos...thought I had checked through:/

I just know HMV is going to charge £10 more for the MVM sets considering I saw the re-released Ninja Scroll set for £40 last month...and also I'm not getting the UK Paranoia Agent set...BBFC cuts = fail though how else am I supposed to get the series considering it's out of print in the US

Invisible Crane said:
I just know HMV is going to charge £10 more for the MVM sets considering I saw the re-released Ninja Scroll set for £40 last month...and also I'm not getting the UK Paranoia Agent set...BBFC cuts = fail though how else am I supposed to get the series considering it's out of print in the US
Ha! You buy DVDs in real-life shops :lol:

Seriously, buy stuff off the internet. Even though you have to wait, you will save A LOT of money

mangaman74 said:
Other than Rozen Maiden Traumend, it is nothing I don't already own.

Switch RM:T with the Mahoromatic and I'm in the same position. I didn't enjoy the first Mahoromatic much so this is unlikely to change.

R

Paradox295 said:
Invisible Crane said:
Ha! You buy DVDs in real-life shops :lol:

Seriously, buy stuff off the internet. Even though you have to wait, you will save A LOT of money

I buy DVD's in real life shops, or at least I would if the likes of HMV weren't literally trying to rob me for every penny I have, then slapping me in face afterwards for choosing them rather than online retailers. Unfortunately I'm also still rather paraonoid aout buying online and putting my card details on the web, so I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a rip-off place.

Seriously with more and more people everyday turning to the likes of amazon and so on, how do HMV really expect to carry on selling DVD's at these jacked up prices.

Invisible Crane said:
I just like the convienence of being able to go into a store and get what I want without having to wait a week for it
HMV will send disks to arive by release date, going to a store gets you it later.

Reaper gI said:
Invisible Crane said:
I just like the convienence of being able to go into a store and get what I want without having to wait a week for it
HMV will send disks to arive by release date, going to a store gets you it later.

9 times out of 10 you actually get it before the release date.

I hope MVM re-package "Paranoia Agent" better than they did with the original release. I had to send back no less than 3 boxes because the discs got damaged during shipping as they were allowed to come lose and rattle round inside. All that was needed was a padding of bubble wrap between the discs. I think Amazon sent the lot back because of returns.

Yup - I've had similar issues recently, and much too frequently for my liking. Though, I hasten to add, not from MVM.

I bought a second hand (mint) copy of Madox 01 froma private seller on Ebay just before Xmas, and the little bit of bubble wrap they placed over the disc really impressed me. I wish this was a standard practice when shipping DVDs via mail.

Back