New Anime Legends title: Hack Roots

Neferpitou

Stand User
Hack Roots has joined the BEEZ UK Anime Legend DVD line and will be released on 21/06/2010.

<a href="http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=224;5;68;-1;2&sku=440310">Source 1</a>
<a href="http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/37/51/-/14279065/-hack-Roots/Product.html?searchtype=genre">Source 2</a>

OOOH!

I wondered when we'd hear any more about the Anime Legends UK line. I'm fully behind Beez in their efforts to crank out cheap anime releases for us.

I wonder what else will surface in the near future...

HdE said:
OOOH!

I wondered when we'd hear any more about the Anime Legends UK line. I'm fully behind Beez in their efforts to crank out cheap anime releases for us.

I wonder what else will surface in the near future...

Probably more of their back catalogue :p I wouldn't say no to Escaflowne being re-released, nor S-cry-ed, i wouldn't pay £40+ for it but £15 is awfully tempting

I'm wondering if the trailers on the UK Anime Legends discs are an indicator of what's going to appear in the near future.

I spotted Planetes and Yukikaze in the UK trailers - either show would make a great purchase for the cheaper price point.

I freakin' LOVE Yukikaze! One of the most intelligent OVAs I've seen in a long, long time.

And the point about S-CRY-ED is a good 'un. It's not really my kind of show - but at the price point these sets have been cropping up at, I'd be tempted to check it out. That's the great thing about the AL line.

HdE said:
I'm wondering if the trailers on the UK Anime Legends discs are an indicator of what's going to appear in the near future.
I doubt it. I imagine they are exactly the same as the discs which were originally released in single volumes with the same trailers. That's not to say these shows won't join the AL line-up. But I wouldn't take those trailers as an indication.

It's fairly obvious EVERY old Beez title is eventually going to get the AL treatment. Haruhi is going to, and that's a more recent, previously very expensive to buy series, so there's little doubt every Beez title they still have the license for will be coming back out; for cheap.

Also, this site is ******* slow, and its members are even slower. I knew about this days ago, posted about it in the sales thread hours before... AND STILL SOME NUMBNUTS MADE A THREAD ABOUT IT. ******* amateurs; I can't work with them...

JohnC said:
HdE said:
I doubt it. I imagine they are exactly the same as the discs which were originally released in single volumes with the same trailers. That's not to say these shows won't join the AL line-up. But I wouldn't take those trailers as an indication.

QFT :).

- Andrew

As ever, thanks for the clarification, Andrew!

(I'd still love to see some of those shows over here, mind you...)

Back