New acquisitions announced at the Anime Expo

Gawyn said:
Paul said:
Cutie Honey (live-action movie)
That's a bit of a surprise to me :D. Brilliant cheesy fun :).

I'm sure i saw a part of this somewhere, i just can't put my finger on where... It wasn't the actual film but had the actors all cosplaying it out, i guess the film will be somewhat like that.

DaNiMé said:
Ryo Chan said:
ffs no bandai don't get mai otome

u've allready killed off hime

May i ask how?

And when did something being licensed become a bad thing? Fansubbers still continue and at the end of the day you'll get the product on DVD...

EDIT: And from looking at the Mai-Hime release it looks very good, a nice artbox by the looks of things with extra's and generally the usual Bandai quality...

Just to point out the Mai Hime artbox is apparently so thin it verges in paper. The actual single dvd releases (at least the ones released so far) are poor quality and feel badly made and Bandai have basically opted for a cheapo release of the show. Oh and they used a rather less expensive dub studio *shudders at dub thoughts*.

The Mai-HiME R1's aren't great quality but they're serviceable enough and only £8.50 new on amazon marketplace, which is good enough for me. At one point I did like Otome but by the end I was so disillusioned that I have since written a ten page rant about it, so unless every volume comes packaged with a plush Mikoto at no extra cost, I'll be giving it a miss.

There are a few titles on the list I'm interested in, such as ParaKiss, but actually the best news for me so far has been from Tokyopop since they've licensed Aqua (the prequel to Aria) and snagged Tactics from ADV's underwhelming manga division. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here to release since those are both titles I'd like on my shelf sooner rather than later.

don't get me wrong, Mai hime was a good enough series to buy just for the subs, but as much as i liked mai otome i'm not going to buy the series for just the sub, and if bandi use the same cast as hime, i shall give it a miss aswell

Bandai new licences
.hack//ROOTS
Nice! Im a big fan of .hack so this is good news I just hope they release the game over here soon maybe a couple months after american release *fingers crossed* :lol: [/list]

kupoartist said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9123

I hold high hopes that the Zeta Gundam movie trilogy will reach us through Beez. Shame they'll make no sense to anybody who hasn't seen the series.

edit: not that they make so much sense to those of us who have...
What makes that any different from their last couple of Gundam releases? :roll:

Still good news though, hope they do get it.

DaNiMé said:
Gawyn said:
Paul said:
Cutie Honey (live-action movie)
That's a bit of a surprise to me :D. Brilliant cheesy fun :).

I'm sure i saw a part of this somewhere, i just can't put my finger on where... It wasn't the actual film but had the actors all cosplaying it out, i guess the film will be somewhat like that.
Well, I managed to see the film a couple of years ago at the Leeds Film Festival and loved it. Don't expect anything too serious and enjoy it for what it is and it's a great film :).
subedii said:
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

Wants.

Although we'll probably have to wait until 2nd Gig finishes its run here I guess. We're up to volume 3 now right?
The final volumes of SAC 2nd gig are due at the end of the year. To be honest Solid State Society sounds very much like the same-old same-old but I will probably buy it since it will only be the one volume after all.

And the announcements still continue:
Bandai announced that they are releasing the fist volume of
Karakuri Kiden Hiwou Senki (Clockwork Fighters) this autumn. Its Bones first independent anime production/TV series and Bandai licensed it ages ago - we thought they were just sitting on it.

I don't think it was ever fansubbed, but its one I have been curious about for a while

anyone know if they're just dubbing gunbuster or if they're going to colour in the last episode?

i kinda liked it black and white

Is this definitely the old Gunbuster, or the newer sequel? At any rate, I don't think they'll risk incurring the fan's wrath by changing the original content, so I can't see them colourising it.

Sir Haggis said:
Is this definitely the old Gunbuster, or the newer sequel? At any rate, I don't think they'll risk incurring the fan's wrath by changing the original content, so I can't see them colourising it.
Anime On DVD lists it as Gunbuster (original). That, presumably, is a question that was asked at the Expo.

We'll i'm seriously loosing all respect for bandai atm, looks like the 3rd of my 3 favortie series is set to be killed.

As i've mentioned before i feel they already killed the My-Hime dub, and my fears for the My-Otome cast was the same, but after hearing the dub of Full Moon i'm very disapointed, why are they suddenly letting such amature VA's do their series when they have so many better ones?

Incase your wondering how bad the dub is, anyone who's seen the UK dubs of Dragonball and Dragonball GT, its 80% the same cast

FYI Full Moon has nothing to do with Bandai whatsoever. That was a Viz licence. The ADR studio they used (Ocean Group) is a third party owned by neither of the companies to my knowledge.

Yeah, I am not a fan of the Ocean Groups work at all. They really hammed up the Crest of the Stars dub.

And yes, Full Moon is a Viz title, with 4 dvds a year it will be all out by 2009. Planned Failure? Me thinks so.

And Bandai haven't licensed Mai Otome yet. Its very odd for them to comment on it like that.

Back