Neon Genesis Evangelion Premium Collection (UK VERSION)

That looks totally cool though I already got volume 1-5, so i won't be getting the platinum boxset.

And hey, look at MVM's site ~ http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... 110&page=1
It shows a taste of how the boxset will look like. It looks as though the box is nice and shiny, however the individual DVD's might not have the nice and shiny sleeve cover when you buy them individually.

Rukario said:
It's £140 for all 7 DVDs which I payed full price for. >_>
Yep, £19.99 per DVD is the recommended reatil price, but next time you should get it from the net, in particular from Play.com because they usually sell Anime £19.99 DVD's for £14.99 which means you could have got the full set for £104.93 saving you £35

man i think this is what the final packaging is gonna look like.
man it looks friggin awsome

B000HOJEWY.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59571795_.jpg

i seriously can not wait to own this.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Pretty nice. Can I ask, how many fans who probably own the series several times are going to buy this set as well?

lol i know what you mean.
i have heard people who own the initial VHS releases, then the dvd's, then the platinum dvd's and now this most likely.

it would be so much easier if they just waited lol.

good thing i waited 8)

Ninja Boy! said:
man i think this is what the final packaging is gonna look like.
man it looks friggin awsome

B000HOJEWY.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59571795_.jpg

i seriously can not wait to own this.

OMG! the tin box is so nice, I really want it but I already got the whole series. Anyway I wonder if the DVD's will have the shiny cardboard sleeve cover?

I'm not sure if I'll be getting this. I'm quite tempted, but I've already got the original VHS release and have 4/8 of the non-platinum series. If I'm feeling rich (or have got a better job) by then, then I might give in.

Isn't the special US release going to have a jacket in with it? If the UK version had something like that, it'd probably swing it for me.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Pretty nice. Can I ask, how many fans who probably own the series several times are going to buy this set as well?
I've been waiting for this set for 3 years, but I've never seen beyond the fourth episode and don't own the series in any form. I'm just patient :)

Ushio said:
Isn't the special US release going to have a jacket in with it? If the UK version had something like that, it'd probably swing it for me.

i read about that too. although everytime i think of that jacket, i consider cancelling my pre-order for this particular release.
i might as well stick to this release for now as its a European exclusive and its apprently going to be made in limited quantites.
The US version seems very cool, but there is still not enough info about it, and the price is way expensive.

(thinking about this, makes me think about the "Why US imports are far superior to domestic dvd's" thread)

oh well, looks like one cant get everything.

Ninja Boy! said:
Ushio said:

i read about that too. although everytime i think of that jacket, i consider cancelling my pre-order for this particular release.
i might as well stick to this release for now as its a European exclusive and its apprently going to be made in limited quantites.
The US version seems very cool, but there is still not enough info about it, and the price is way expensive.

(thinking about this, makes me think about the "Why US imports are far superior to domestic dvd's" thread)

oh well, looks like one cant get everything.
From what Hugh was saying at AmeCon, what you get is a voucher or some such with which you can send off for the jacket. Whether they will ship that to the UK or not I don't know. He also mentioned how it is very like a shell-suit top...

Nope. According to ADV US you can only ship the jacket to Domestic US addresses. Great if you have a friend in the states, but for the rest of us...

It is a sweet Jacket though, Matt was wearing it at Tomo. :D

i was just surfing the net (as usuall) and i came across a press release from ADV films about the NGE PLAT BOX-SET for the UK.
just thought some people here may find it interesting or wotever.

ADV Press Release said:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION PLATINUM EDITION COMPLETE COLLECTION EUROPEAN EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION!

FINALLY, A TRULY PLATINUM EDITION, AVAILABLE FROM 20th NOVEMBER 2006

LONDON, UK, 7th September 2006

ADV Films, the leading producer-distributor of anime in the U.K., is extremely proud to offer the single best edition available internationally of our flagship property, the European Exclusive Limited Edition Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition Complete Collection.

In a unique step away from other DVD regions, the European edition of Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition loses NOTHING from the original edition - no reduction from 7 to 6 discs, no loss of DVD extras, no loss of printed extras. Everything is retained, only better presented than ever before - this is absolutely, without a doubt, the sole anime release you MUST own this Christmas.

The actual set itself has been designed to look like a solid bar of platinum - a limited edition embossed brushed steel tin housing a sleek 7 disc digipak incorporating all eight original Platinum character art pieces, with the 7 discs retaining ALL of the original on-disc extras. All of the information from the incredibly detailed booklets, which were heaving with extras derived from both Japan and the U.S, has been retained in a 60-page square-bound booklet incorporating the beautiful full-page art developed for the Platinum edition.

For those ask what the difference is between Evangelion TV and Platinum, the short answer is that the entire series was subject to renewal work, with scenes being added and revised in addition to the entire series being remastered digitally. This required some new audio work as well, in addition to the building of the 5.1 mix. In short, this is a completely revised version of the currently available series. More information can be found in the accompanying booklet.

In short, the ground-breaking, mind-blowing, pulse-pounding landmark show Neon Genesis Evangelion is now at its best, both on and off the discs. If you are already a fan, this is essential; if you are not, then you owe it to yourself to experience this in the best fashion possible - the Platinum Edition Complete Collection.

What the Press Said:

"Neon Genesis Evangelion was anime's perfect storm. It's a phenomenon like Star Wars, Harry Potter or The Matrix. Plenty of works are going to try to reproduce it, but ultimately it will stand apart." Aint It Cool News

“One of the greatest anime series of all time…â€

a limited edition embossed brushed steel tin housing a sleek 7 disc digipak incorporating all eight original Platinum character art pieces

Looks like they'll be using the horrible 8th Platinum cover of Ritsuko that the japanese got as part of the digipak's artwork :lol:

well here is a small update.
this is what the disc holder seems to look like, according to the ADV UK newsletter.

EUNGTdigi.jpg

lol looks like a bootleg lol. but the outer sides may be of a metal like material....something cool.

GAH! looks like i may miss out on this uber cool boxset, with the Wii and some other stuff comming out... all next month.... :(

Ninja Boy! said:
GAH! looks like i may miss out on this uber cool boxset, with the Wii and some other stuff comming out... all next month.... :(
Ramadahl said:
Remember, you only need one kidney to survive, right? :p

with the way i have been spending money recently looks like i already am on one kidney LOL :)

Whereas NGE anit my favorite series but still one of the top on my list, I really want this box set, I'm stuck between FFIII + spare cash or this, if not now I'm planning on getting it in the future.
It'd be nice if they did a super boxset, with the series, death and rebirth along with EoE, just a nice way to finish the set.
I wish this was on sale a little eariler, rather than in Q4 2006 as its prime time for dvds, tv, games and so many other things I want to buy :p

Back