Neon Genesis Evangelion Premium Collection (UK VERSION)

Yeah, unless Play.com have the wrong information listed it just sounds like a release of the original set... unless they decided to stretch the Platinum series across 8 disks for some reason... I can't really see why though.

Doesn't matter to me, it's not like I'm going to drop everything for NGE, 8 discs across 26 episodes, eww. Good thing I bought the individual DVDs nearly a year ago next month. >_>

Maybe they collected the alternate versions / director's cut episodes onto the final disc to keep them seperate. Seems unlikely though. If the platinum collection arrives as a boxset, you'd expect the discs to undergo the least number of changes possible.

As mentioned above, maybe the text info is just wrong. At this stage, play don't even have a picture, so perhaps with time the info will be made more accurate.
________
Shower Fat

Necromancer said:
:? That has 8 discs listed, the platinum release was 7 discs, the original release was 8 discs.

hmm your right about that, but wasnt the original 8-disc version released as a box-set in the uk already? (i think the box art was full black with some red logo or picture or something)

looks like we will have to wait for more news.

Ninja Boy! said:
but wasnt the original 8-disc version released as a box-set in the uk already? (i think the box art was full black with some red logo or picture or something)
Yeah your right about that. The original version of Evangelion has already been released as a boxset ages ago and yes the box was black with a shiny red "NERV" logo, but I heard it's out of print, check here on Amazon ~ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000 ... e&n=283926

When I was at the Expo back in October, I was buying vol. 3-5 of the Platinum editions, then me and my friend was talking to the guy at ADV selling the DVD's and he said the boxset of Evangelion platinum is going to be released, but they haven't got an official date for it and he predicts that it would be very late in 2006 or early 2007.

oh wait...... I found the front cover of an Evangelion R1 boxset which is due to be released in the USA on 22nd August 2006, could it be the R2 version on play.com that Ninja Boy! mentioned? ~ http://www.otaku.co.uk/cgi-bin/itemview ... mid=48270t
The boxset doesn't look like the platinum editions, maybe it's a re-release of the original version because the other original boxset is out of print.

I'm about to order the final volume of the R2 Platinum series. The cases are individual but it looks and sounds awesome. No matter what the distributors can come up with I doubt I'll be replacing it. I have that version and I'm happy with it: end of story for me.

Note that Play.com titles each volume as "collection 0.x". That is how the original releases were titled, rather than "platinum 0.x" as the Platinum volumes are titled. Frankly, if ADV are putting the old volumes in a boxset again they can go screw themselves. What is with ADV? Why does collecting their licenses always involve spending far more than other companies? A 26 Episode series shouldn't cost £100 RRP these days, especially a series that has been spinning money for as long as Evangelion...

edit: well, this is the US "Premium" box. It may be a filled out version of that. It just looks likely that it's going to be filled out with the editions no-one bloody wants.

hmmm that box does look quite cool. i still have yet to buy evangelion so i may look deeper into this upcomming one for the UK soon.
i have only 2 vols of the platinum version.

kupoartist said:
Note that Play.com titles each volume as "collection 0.x". That is how the original releases were titled, rather than "platinum 0.x" as the Platinum volumes are titled. Frankly, if ADV are putting the old volumes in a boxset again they can go screw themselves. What is with ADV? Why does collecting their licenses always involve spending far more than other companies? A 26 Episode series shouldn't cost £100 RRP these days, especially a series that has been spinning money for as long as Evangelion...

edit: well, this is the US "Premium" box. It may be a filled out version of that. It just looks likely that it's going to be filled out with the editions no-one bloody wants.

Yeah, i think we can make the judgement that ADV really do suck ^_^.

At the size of the UK market right now compared to have it was a few years back, ADV have changed not one single bit.
There is absolutely no excuse for them not to try anything a bit different, i.e. artboxes (as they still seem to have so many left in the US they have to have ridiculously cheap sales to shift them). They have the total backing of a massive US company... They blatently don't care about the fans like Manga and MVM do and it's all money to them (not that it isn't money to all the other companies).
Then again i've said that whole piece of text many hundreds of different ways on this forum so i'll shut up now and write it again when i have something new to moan at ADV for not doing... in a few weeks or months time.

So bye i'm going to play a game where yet again we are at the back of the queue for getting stuff compared to everything every other county gets. *sigh* i really should be more patriotic, but there really is no reason to be... This country is going down the drain, oh well. Off-topic is fun~

During that NFT volunteering thing i did today, while sorting out the leaflets and previews of upcomming dvd's for the UK.
on the back there was an AD, for this!
here is the information
'its an European exclusive
7 discs
all platinum versions uncut, remastered, what have you, includes +4 directors cut eps, and some animatics.
just thought this would clear up any confusion for some peeps interested in it.

I'll wait and see how this plays out.

Its obvious an official UK platinum edition boxset will come out, but its just the waiting game (I know I could import but the anime industry is perhaps the only industry I'll support quite happily in this nation - besides, I already got the standard editions on DVD so I can wait).

I'm not entirely sure whether i'll get this or not. It sounds like it's going to be a damned fine set, but it's also going to be a damned expensive one too. £70 or so online sweetens the deal a little, but I don't know. For that money i'm close to having a Nintendo DS :/ But then, to rationalise it, I spent £30 x 2 each on the Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop sets, so another £10 is just the price you pay for what'll probably be a nice box with lots of extras and image quality that doesn't look a little crappy...

edit: a small, but important note: the set changed from "Premium Collection" to "Platinum Collection", thus more accurately depicting what we'll get.

Excellent, I've been holding off getting the individual platinum editions in the hopes that this would be released. I'll definitely be getting it.

Back