Neon Genesis Evangelion, Evangelion: Death(true)2, and The End of Evangelion Now Streaming on Netflix

I wish I had a decent way to stream stuff at my parents. Would definitely have liked to watch this new dub!

I wish I had a decent way to stream stuff at my parents. Would definitely have liked to watch this new dub!
Early reactions have been fairly positive, some folks felt Shinji's voice isn't right.

Other notes include lack of on-screen translations for dub viewers during the Anno on-screen bold text segments, and the closing song Fly Me to the Moon no longer included outside Japan. Episodes 21-24 are their director's cut versions and of course the transfer being based on the Blu-ray JP release.

Finally!
d0e47189c6e3d8a4df8aa973c073dbd2cd303edar1-540-302_hq.gif

Now to see if I can get off work tomorrow to see it...
hqdefault.jpg

The Anno texts don’t appear on sub either.
But tell me a news broadcast was live thanks. I did love “he’s the third children” that’s in the sub and dub that’s so Khara wanting to keep the proper text

The Anno texts don’t appear on sub either.
But tell me a news broadcast was live thanks. I did love “he’s the third children” that’s in the sub and dub that’s so Khara wanting to keep the proper text
Not surprised at that one. ADV had to fight tooth and nail to have it changed to child.

not too sure on quality seemed like standard def upscale in comparison to some of the other transfers ive seen on similar aged titles like gundam. I dont know what others thoughts are on the visual quality in comparison to the JP blu ray

I'm annoying it so far. The acting is all good, certainly didn't half-ass it. I fond it interesting that they got relative newcomers for the main EVA teens. Perhaps to ensure they sounded distinct from the old cast as well as stand more on their own. The director seem to have really wanted them to sound more youthful and closer to the characters' ages. I fond the younger and slightly more bratty take no Auska particularly interesting.

Last edited:
It's been interesting to see a range of different opinions across social media on the new dub and other changes that have been made.

Actually, correction - it was fun for five minutes before the self proglaimed anime elite started showing up to argue that the new dub was inarguably better, people complaining were idiots and ought to euthanise themselves, etc. (Why oh why is the vocal majority of the online anime fan base such a bunch of arses?)

I never use Netflix for anything, so I'll not be seeing this version of the show ever, I suspect. I do feel like the ADV box set I've got is enough for me, though. Whatever folks might say about the new dub versus the old, that particular dub and presentation is inextricably a part of the show for me.

There’s your problem right there.

I don’t know if your autocorrect needs turning on or off, but it needs... Something.

Thanks for actually being the first person to recognise faulty autocorrect when they see it! Fixed now.

It's been interesting to see a range of different opinions across social media on the new dub and other changes that have been made.

Actually, correction - it was fun for five minutes before the self proglaimed anime elite started showing up to argue that the new dub was inarguably better, people complaining were idiots and ought to euthanise themselves, etc. (Why oh why is the vocal majority of the online anime fan base such a bunch of arses?)

I never use Netflix for anything, so I'll not be seeing this version of the show ever, I suspect. I do feel like the ADV box set I've got is enough for me, though. Whatever folks might say about the new dub versus the old, that particular dub and presentation is inextricably a part of the show for me.

Yeah and I've seen some of that on the other end too. Plenty of hyperbole which I swear is partly because some love to take shots at Netflix.

Thanks for actually being the first person to recognise faulty autocorrect when they see it! Fixed now.
I’m still going to record a song called “Endure the Add Distinct” under the name “Cold Cats” so that fantastic sentence can be read out on national radio for the exposure it deserves. I would love to know what AUKN members whose first language isn’t English made of that post in its original form!

Back