Need to free up HDD space - What to watch first?

Aion

Time-Traveller
I have the following series on my HDD unwatched:

Requiem from the Darkness
GitS: 1st and 2nd Gig (watched around half of the 1st Gig)
Gunparade March
.hack//Twilight
Infinite Ryvius
Kiddy Grade
Last Exile
Lova Hina
Midori no Hibi
Noir
Planetes
Read or Die
Samurai 7
Texhnolyze
The Twelve Kingdoms
Witch Hunter Robin

Give me some recommendations and reasons for why I should go with your recommendations. :D

Midori no Hibi, it is bloody awesome. my reason? check the review on this site.

But that's quite a good list, i'd really just take my time and manage to get through them all. Love Hina is also good.

Peacemaker - Watched 1-12 - I recommend deleting the rest without watching it...

Requiem from the Darkness - Good horror series, unique artwork, little to no overarching plot.

Noein - Is there actually anyone who doesn't like this show?

GitS: 1st and 2nd Gig (watched around half of the 1st Gig) - If you've seen that much you already have a fairly good idea of what to expect from the rest.

Gunparade March - I wouldn't bother, personally.

Gunslinger Girls - Finished. - Delete this and buy the boxset, cheapskate :p

.hack//Twilight - //Sign was better. Depends how much you like the franchise.

Infinite Ryvius - Supposedly very good, but I've never seen it. Watch it then write a review :p

Kiddy Grade - Delete, then overwrite the HD space, then delete again.

Last Exile - Pretty cool series, good story, CG is a little clunky but the art and animation is of a generally high standard. Gets a bit rushed towards the end.

Love Hina - Classic harem, which should tell you everything you need to know.

Noir - The premise makes the series sound cooler than it actually is. Fairly stylish. The gunfights kinda suck.

Planetes - One of the best sci-fi shows I've seen, and that's not just limited to anime either.

Read or Die - If it's the OVA, watch it then delete it, only a couple episodes anyway. If it's the TV series, you have better stuff on this list.

Witch Hunter Robin - Episodic for the first half, ok (albeit predictable) plot in the second half. Quite a stylish series though.

Ramadahl said:
Noein - Is there actually anyone who doesn't like this show?

No, and if there was someone who didn't like this show, then they would need to be removed from the space-time continuum immediately. No exceptions. Seriously. This show is pure awesome. If the opening from episode one doesn't make you orgasm violently, you're a cold hearted cold blooded being (and that's an understatement).

EDIT: Oh, someone forgot to mention Twelve Kingdoms. Well, I'll let it slip this time, but who knows what'll happen next time.
Twelve Kingdoms is a must-see. You like epic? You get epic beyond all epicness ever witnessed. This show is in need of viewing.

And that's it pretty much, for what I've seen on that list.

It looks like I'm going to have to strict and remove the 's' from recommendations if people are going to give their views on every anime on the list. >__>

From now on, let's work it like this - 1 vote each and the one with the most votes when the thread is dead is the one I'll watch.

Edit: I'll be getting the R2 Gunslinger set when it drops to around £15. It looks like a nice set, well worth £5 per DVD.

I've also put in an order with DVD Pacific for the NaTHaT set. I don't think they'll send it since it came out in 2002 and everywhere is OOS, though. :'(

melonpan said:
EDIT: Oh, someone forgot to mention Twelve Kingdoms.
I didn't mention the series when I hadn't seen any and/or didn't have anything useful to add.

Aion said:
It looks like I'm going to have to strict and remove the 's' from recommendations if people are going to give their views on every anime on the list. >__>

From now on, let's work it like this - 1 vote each and the one with the most votes when the thread is dead is the one I'll watch.
Lol, well now you know, anyway. If you just want one vote, mine goes to Noein. As melonpan said, it's awesome from the get-go.

I kinda cheated and started watching Noein, so you're now voting for the anime I watch after Noein. >__>

/removes Noein from voting list

Hybridchild said:
Delete Gundam Seed Destiny and spare yourself the pain!

Since someone else said the same thing elsewhere, I've now removed it and made my 'J' HDD 11.5 GB happier. :D

I also recommend midori no hibi, just because its a laugh.
Also watch love hina, its a nice series to watch and has alot of laughs with it.

I do believe you above two Bleachtards are missing the point of this thread.

FYI, I watched Bleach a long time ago. I don't care about the anime anymore, just like I don't care about the Naruto anime anymore.

I finished Noein yesterday and now need another series to watch.

I'll wait for the votes this time since I'm no rush... If people vote. :D

Can the grumpy ol' gits who wouldn't respond previously due to their anti-download stances now offer suggestions? I've proven I do in fact buy anime.... I think.

Draconian, I'm looking in your direction.

Aion said:
Can the grumpy ol' gits who wouldn't respond previously due to their anti-download stances now offer suggestions? I've proven I do in fact buy anime.... I think.

Draconian, I'm looking in your direction.

Hay man it's not my fault I would like to see the anime industry survive through fan investment. :p

Aion said:
I have the following series on my HDD unwatched:

Requiem from the Darkness
GitS: 1st and 2nd Gig (watched around half of the 1st Gig)
Gunparade March
.hack//Twilight
Infinite Ryvius
Kiddy Grade
Last Exile
Lova Hina
Midori no Hibi
Noir
Planetes
Read or Die
Samurai 7
Texhnolyze
The Twelve Kingdoms
Witch Hunter Robin

Give me some recommendations and reasons for why I should go with your recommendations. :D

Have not watched that many of the series you list myself but:

GiTS - just because it is GiTS.
Kiddy Grade - Okay Sci-Fi nothing special but worth a watch if you need something to do.
Love Hina - I enjoyed this above standard harem comedy, many polorized opinions on here though.
Noir - Can't remember much but I enjoyed it, nowhere near as much fan service as Najica. Female spy anime, if you watch it and like it give Madlax a go.
Read or Die - I think the OAV is better than the series but both are worth the watch.
Samurai 7 - Nice futuristic take on the original film, some might find it a bit slow at times though.
Texhnolyze - Watched the first DVD of this as a mate had it for cheap, sort of confused me, but it is the sort of weird series I like so might give it a go myself if I find a boxset or collection cheap.
Witch Hunter Robin - I quite liked this some good ideas but can be a bit slow, If you like it you can get the anime legends set pretty cheap.

Dracos said:
Have not watched that many of the series you list myself but:

GiTS - just because it is GiTS. Its a pretty good series so it is worth a watch

Love Hina - I enjoyed this above standard harem comedy, many polorized opinions on here though. You must first shut down your brain and enjoy this show for what it is.

Noir - Can't remember much but I enjoyed it, nowhere near as much fan service as Najica. Female spy anime, if you watch it and like it give Madlax a go. You have to watch all of NOIR to get the full impact of the series, even the first few episodes which just seem to be constant gun fights.

Read or Die - I think the OAV is better than the series but both are worth the watch. The OAV is set before the TV series so it might be a good idea to watch the OAV first as characters in the OAV pop up in the TV series.

Witch Hunter Robin - I quite liked this some good ideas but can be a bit slow, If you like it you can get the anime legends set pretty cheap. I felt this show to be very slow at the start, its only half way through do you care for the characters situation.

Back