Need a few recommendations on Anime series to watch

Mutsumi said:
Well some people still on this forum have met me in person & so may remember which one I am. *waves at hopeful_monster & McIcy*

I'll leave you guessing for a few more posts though. ;D
mm, guess I'll text hopeful or mcIcy then...

If they met you in person, am I correct to assume you attend conventions or London Expo?

If you do say hi to us on the next expo!

chaos said:
Mutsumi said:
Well some people still on this forum have met me in person & so may remember which one I am. *waves at hopeful_monster & McIcy*

If they met you in person, am I correct to assume you attend conventions or London Expo?

I'm the one who organised the hotel rooms for AUKN Expo groups back in 2005/2006. :D I also met McIcy at Minami this year at the Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament, where I placed 3rd.

If I am going to go to next Expo, I'll probably post to try & organise a group. :)

Mutsumi said:
chaos said:
Mutsumi said:

I'm the one who organised the hotel rooms for AUKN Expo groups back in 2005/2006. :D I also met McIcy at Minami this year at the Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament, where I placed 3rd.

If I am going to go to next Expo, I'll probably post to try & organise a group. :)
Hey that's awesome. I've met them at cons as well. If you're coming to expo, let me know. I can host some people at my flat for the weekend.

chaos said:
Mutsumi said:
chaos said:
Mutsumi said:

Hey that's awesome. I've met them at cons as well. If you're coming to expo, let me know. I can host some people at my flat for the weekend.
Sweet! May have to take you up on that one, though I'd be bringing one other with me too, but she was at the 2005/2006 meets too so some may remember her.

Yeah I'm a guy btw. ;) Mutsumi happens to be my favourite LH char. <3

Mutsumi said:
Sweet! May have to take you up on that one, though I'd be bringing one other with me too, but she was at the 2005/2006 meets too so some may remember her.

Yeah I'm a guy btw. ;) Mutsumi happens to be my favourite LH char. <3
You guys are very welcome.
I've got inflatable beds, which are reasonably confortable and a large living room. I believe I can fit 3 double beds there, albeit sacrifing walking space.

Mutsumi said:
Sounds ace. Least we can do in return is pay a share of food & costs, & bring some entertainment. ^_^
Well, I've got a ps3 and a wii, that should provide entertainment. Just bring some alcohol.

Apart from what has already been said I think I will say one of Chaos's favs Twelve Kingdoms. From what I have seen so it looks like a pretty decent mature show, but it seems a little slow at time. So Chaos is Enki (your current avatar) your favourite character? I think my favourite so far is Rakushun.

I will also add Mushishi for a very relaxing mature show. If you like pseudo-Japanese folklore tales it is nice show you can pick up and put down without any problems.

mangaman74 said:
This is a few years old so I am not sure how easy it would be to get but it is a good series.
Seconded. The DVDs are hard to come by, but the show is a little gem. Despite there being quite a few dull moments present, the cutting techniques used throughout show off some of the best the early 90s had to offer regarding anime.

Spyro201 said:
Have you seen Black Lagoon? It's very much action, so if you liked Hellsing, you could always try that. Some people don't find it to deep though.

Another show I recently finished is Trigun, and that was fantastic. A marvellous blend of comedy, action, and deep (and at times really pretty dark) story line. I'd really reccomend it. (Most people have seen it though- so I can only hope you haven't!)

Trigun rocks, as does Black Lagoon, you mentioned the Hellsing TV series specifically...have you seen the OVA? If not, try it, it's a lot better IMO.

Also, it might not be your thing, but I didn't think it was mine either till I saw it: Ouran High School Host Club. If you like madcap humour like Excel then it could be for you. I was skeptical at first, but I love it I really think it's a fantastic series.

I also second Death Note and also offer Akira.

Back