Nausicaa manga

Warmaster

Great Teacher
I was wondering about this. I am not a manga fan per se, namely as it has proven very difficult to get hold of. However i have for a long time now wanted to get hold of the nausicaa manga. However i believe the only edition about is the old Viz edition, though i believe that is america only.

So is there a UK version of nausicaa? where can i get it?

Yeah, just buy it off Amazon. Viz stuff is notoriously difficult to get hold of (no place in Leeds stocks the first volume of Monster for instance) so online is your best bet.

As a manga it is superb, possibly my all-time favourite. There is so much that there wasn't time to include in the film so it's longer, more complex and more interesting. The artwork is stunning too.

Amazon is pretty much your only bet, though I've seen a few of the volumes in a small, private Manga seller in Brighton's North Lanes once :p

mmm, don't have time to check now, but does Viz have their own shop? if so that would be easier (Amazon was awful on new stuff last time i looked, and i am extremely wary of buying second hand.)

ConcreteBadger said:
Yeah, just buy it off Amazon. Viz stuff is notoriously difficult to get hold of (no place in Leeds stocks the first volume of Monster for instance) so online is your best bet.

Online. The 2nd editions are in print which is a nice bonus for classic Viz stuff. I would look at both
http://www.up1.co.uk
http://www.archonia.com
Between both of them you might be able to get the complete set. (they actually list items in stock and mark the 2nd eds correctly).

ConcreteBadger said:
As a manga it is superb, possibly my all-time favourite. There is so much that there wasn't time to include in the film so it's longer, more complex and more interesting. The artwork is stunning too.

Aye, I think its my favourite too, and theres some stiff competition for the top spot. However 3/4 of the manga did not even exist at the time of the creation of the film. Though the manga has so much more time to develop the story & characters.

I recently bought all seven volumes (2nd Ed.) off Amazon UK and they all came really quickly with no problems, and this was around Christmas time. I rarely buy manga from anywhere else as I've rarely had any problems getting stuff. Sometimes you may have to wait a couple of weeks for a hard to find manga, but I don't mind that as they are generally so cheap.

Back