Naruto

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
So, who is watching Naruto?

I've been following this anime for nigh on a year now and I still enjoy it a lot. The action is fantastic and I like how the characters seem to be developing. It has such a great, varied cast of characters from the evil Orochimaru to the 'nice guy' Rock Lee.

Despite a blip during the 'filler arc' which was going through much of October, Naruto has again stepped up a gear and become painfully exciting.

I've been watching Naruto pretty much since it started, and have found it to be a very enjoyable series! Despite the recent filler arc being utter shite, the series has picked up again.

The varied cast of characters is quite superb, and possibly why it has succeeded so well; we aren't just focused on to Naruto (as the anime title suggests!).

Which fansub groups do you guys use? I'm usually patient enough to wait for the ANBU & AonE version, but it seems like a lot of Naruto fans go with the fastest release (Dattebayo is the leader right now). I would personally rather wait for a good quality and established translation rather than watch an episode sooner but with questionable translation.

Also, the story has just started getting juicy again with Sasuke running away and supposely turning 'evil'. I'm expecting this weeks episode to be another bridge onto the next one.

Sasuke has to burst out of that barrell sooner or later though, and I suspect he won't quite have the same tolerance for Naruto and the gang as he used to ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have all the eps in ANBU & AonE but i cant wait to see the next eps so i dl Dattebayo as well. I also watch Dattebayo as i know alot of the guys there and work with some of the staff. So i watch both.

I watch it every week, in my opinion its the best series currently being aired in Japan.
In last weeks epsiode that fat bloke that Chouji was fighting looked so cool in his second stage thingy!

i saw the first episode and was really impressed, even though it was fansubbed (when needs must, eh?). i can't wait to see a UK DVD release.

I think the fansub for naruto will be the best chose anyway, when naruto ever dose get dub i see that it will be cut up so much you wont want to watch it anymore anyway.The fansubs for naruto are very good to alot of work gose into them from all the groups that do it

Apparently because Naruto's fansubs are the most popular every week (something like over 10,000 people download them each week) its become the most expensive title to buy so thats why nobody has bought it yet.

Now I like most shonen jump manga/animes but Naruto just annoyed me. Having watched 20 episodes I went back to the manga due to its better pace. That and I could make up my own soundtracks for it.

I just didn't like it.

The last few episodes have been great. I was shocked by Choji's death and Neji's fight was just plain awesome- I'm suprised he was the one to stay behind after Choji, he is one of the few characters to show noticable personality development alongside Shikmamaru. Now, with the last episode, it seems like Naruto could be facing off against that random 'cyborg' ninja who was rejected as Orochimaru's 'container'. This series' needs more scenes with Orochimaru- one of the coolest villains, ever.

The only thing that annoys me slightly is how the soundtrack has hardly changed. I love the use of drums during the build up/tension during fights but would like to see a little variation during the dramatic moments. Orochimaru's church-organ theme is a particular favourite! :)

Also, anyone noticed some blatent CG animation filtering in? Especially the feather during the Neji fight; looked strangely fluid!

Yes, I noticed the CG-ing as well. Recently I don't think the animation has quite been up to the standard it used to be...

The only thing that's annoying me about Naruto at the moment is the way all the characters treat Naruto like he's the hero. The thing that I liked about the series was the way it was meant to be centered around Naruto, who came across as an idiot! But now it seems everyone worships Naruto (I'm looking at you, Neji!).

Its because they have all started to realize Narutos potential, he's getting what he wanted: to be excepted and acknowleged by people.

Yeah, it's kind of strange to see people giving Naruto a bit of respect, though I think it's justified; especially in Neji's case, who has basically changed his entire outlook on life thanks to Naruto.

It's kind of refreshing too; Sasuke is just plain jealous of Naruto's strength and Sakura, despite showing signs of changing since Sasuke did a runner, still isn't totally recognizing Naruto's talent. I found it frustrating when Naruto got little to no praise after his epic fight against Gaara, though I suppose a lot of the adults are just trying to keep him from becoming arrogant.

Yeah it kind of annoyed that when naruto beat garaa and saved sakura's life that she hardlythanked him at all, I think all she did was give him some cookies or some type of food and then went to see how Sasuke was doing.

I'm really excited about the next episode though i cant wait to see Naruto fight that cyborg dude, Naruto hasn't released his nine tails chakra for ages!! its a pity the next episode isnt going to be until the week after next.

Also did anyone hear about the manga, soon its going to jump 3 years into the future so naruto will be 15/16. I cant wait to see what he looks like all grown up!

I was hooked from episode 1...

How many episodes does naruto go to? I heard that it was somwhere around the region of 150-200 episodes, or is that just a fancy rumour?

Back