Naruto scores highest ranking manga volume ever

The current filler episodes blow chunks, but i found alot of the episodes to be well written,clever, and full of moral fibre.

Many of the battels in Naruto are well though out and intelligent.Alot more than the fights in DBZ And many of the characters are deep and have many layers that are shown throught the series length.

The Main character has alot of depth under his cocky brash extrior, the fact he has a terrible fate forced on him and was hated by the village but still tryed his best to get noticed and never turned to evil is stronger than a lot of people would like to admit.

It's great to see a manga so highly placed in the US book market, though i think i would have prefered it to still be Fruits Basket :) since i like the series so much, though i do like Naruto too, so i guess it's just fine with me.

A series like Naruto is just like anime itself; however many good qualities you may see in it yourself (and however much you wish everyone would have cried as much as you did at the end of the Zabuza arc) theres only so much you can push it before people get tired, and you have to hope that they will find their own way to it; and sometimes it might just never be to their taste

im a big naruto fan and i am just glad to see why it is doing so well (manga wise that is)
i hope it stays like this, and not get OTT hyped and then it will just get spoiled -_-
i just hope the current popularity stays as it is, then IMO it will be fine.

yay for Naruto!

Leaving aside any discussion of the merits of the Naruto two points struck me when I saw this story.

This first was that a manga book could be included in a book chart.
A few years back when the then new third Harry Potter book was topping the booksales it was excluded from Times' Bestsellers list. The reason given that it was childrens book so didn't count, and although there were plenty of adults who read it the editions with the covers aimed as adults didn't sell enough to get into or top the best-seller list. I found that pathetic excuse and still think it was due to lobbying from publishers enraged by having their high profile authors outsold by a kids' book. Maybe if a manga book threatens to reach higher placings in the chart something similar will happen and goalposts will be moved to exclude it.

Secondly, I wonder why it is the ninth volume of this series that has made it to this position in the book charts? It will interesting to see what happens when volume 10 comes out.

Ginji said:
Secondly, I wonder why it is the ninth volume of this series that has made it to this position in the book charts? It will interesting to see what happens when volume 10 comes out.
I suppose it's probably the first volume that's been bought en mass, as such, as opposed to slowly accumulating buyers. But that depends on how the chart's taken.

And considering the anime hit America a few months back and I'm guessing that manga tells the story somewhat further on from where the series is currently, people might just be impatient :p

Just a question, does anyone know if the English Viz editon of Naruto manga is edited in any way, i was thinking of buying a book and comparing it to my scanlations i found lol, but i dont have the money atm

The only edit I know of (and this may be the anime and not the manga) is a point where Naruto gives someone the finger, which is edited in some way that I can't remember in the Viz version.

Gawyn said:
The only edit I know of (and this may be the anime and not the manga) is a point where Naruto gives someone the finger, which is edited in some way that I can't remember in the Viz version.
Hmm, do Viz edit a lot of their manga?

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Gawyn said:
Hmm, do Viz edit a lot of their manga?

Viz is pretty infamous for editing or changing manga a bit. Not all thier titles are edited of course, but quite a few of them are. The manga edit forums on animeondvd have a fair few posts about them.

I dont think they have done a massive hack job on anything like CNX have though

I dont think they have done a massive hack job on anything like CNX have though

Yeah its nowhere near as bad as that, one of their Naruto edits i believe was changing Naruto putting his middle finger up at people to him shaking his fist at them.

Back