'Naruto' manga to end within a year?

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Source: http://whatculture.com/comics/naruto-ne ... ga-era.php

Earlier today, Manga UK posted a link on their facebook that reports that Masashi Kishimoto's highly successful manga series 'Naruto' will be ending within a year (So 2011/2012) after beginning publication in 1999.

Considering that the manga is currently in the 'Fourth Shinobi World War Arc', which has the five main 'Ninja Villages' united in battle against the big bad Madara Uchiha and his immortal zombie/clone army (I'm serious), if confirmed, this is hardly surprising to those who do follow the series.

Let's hope Kishy has the balls to kill off one of the Konoha 12 before then xD

Last edited by a moderator:
*forgot about spoilers*

But yeah, I don't think a single person has doubted that it will end soon anyway.

I've emailed ANN asking if they can confirm/deny/investigate the claims.

Didn't they say Bleach was going to end after the whole thing Aizen? But the manga's still going. I think after the war arc, all thats left would be the long awaited Naruto vs Sasuke fight and that would be the best way to end it. But that's just my opinion lol.

Uchiha-chan said:
Didn't they say Bleach was going to end after the whole thing Aizen? But the manga's still going. I think after the war arc, all thats left would be the long awaited Naruto vs Sasuke fight and that would be the best way to end it. But that's just my opinion lol.
It was never said that Bleach would end after the Deicide arc; the fans just all assumed it would end after Aizen had been taken down. Kubo admitted that the Arrancar part of the story was going to be much shorter, but as the Arrancar characters were so popular in Japan, he was made to make it longer.

To be honest, I expect the end of the war arc to involve Sasuke turning against Madara, and fighting him alongside Naruto. As Sasuke is now an internationally wanted criminal, he'll probably be redeemed by sacrificing himself. Then, Naruto will "bring Sasuke back" to the village in a more philosophical sense than a physical.

Ryu Shoji said:
Uchiha-chan said:
It was never said that Bleach would end after the Deicide arc; the fans just all assumed it would end after Aizen had been taken down. Kubo admitted that the Arrancar part of the story was going to be much shorter, but as the Arrancar characters were so popular in Japan, he was made to make it longer.

To be honest, I expect the end of the war arc to involve Sasuke turning against Madara, and fighting him alongside Naruto. As Sasuke is now an internationally wanted criminal, he'll probably be redeemed by sacrificing himself. Then, Naruto will "bring Sasuke back" to the village in a more philosophical sense than a physical.

actually it was from the band being misquoted of saying "they were doing the last end theme" for bleach

I remember that. Because it was quickly removed, I'm curious as to whether they were just mistaken. However, whether or not the anime was planned to end then, the manga had already went onto the Lost Agent arc during that time.

lets hope they dont pull a GT

to be honest i hoped this anime wouldn't stop cause iv really gotten in to it.
if it is going to stop iv always got one piece to collect

animefreak17 said:
lets hope they dont pull a GT

to be honest i hoped this anime wouldn't stop cause iv really gotten in to it.
if it is going to stop iv always got one piece to collect

adding the greatest anime character in the series in pan?

daichi383 said:
that best five story arcs is a load of bull. how can you talk about the best five arcs and not talk about the Hidan and Kakuzu arc :p
Indeed. My Top 5 arcs would be:

1) Confining the Jinchūriki Arc
2) Hidan and Kakuzu Arc
3) Chunin Exam Arc
4) Invasion of Konoha Arc (Until the end >>)
5) Itachi Pursuit Arc

hey we all know whats going to happen naruto and sasuke fights naruto kills sasuke hes upset about then 10 to 20 years later hes hokaga married to sakara and he still has the 9 tailed fox in him ( naruto will be like garra cause naruto will be the ultimate weapon of yhe village ) if its going to end with in the year then this ending is clearly what will happen.
i hate the idea naruto will kill sasuke
i hate the idea of naruto marring sakara
and i hate the idea of naruto becoming hokaga that easy

animefreak17 said:
hey we all know whats going to happen naruto and sasuke fights naruto kills sasuke hes upset about then 10 to 20 years later hes hokaga married to sakara and he still has the 9 tailed fox in him ( naruto will be like garra cause naruto will be the ultimate weapon of yhe village ) if its going to end with in the year then this ending is clearly what will happen.

Nah he won't kill Sasuke. I'm guessing Naruto will defeat Sasuke, then during the Madara/Naruto fight, Sasuke will take a blow for Naruto, and probably die

MetalGearDesmond said:
animefreak17 said:

Nah he won't kill Sasuke. I'm guessing Naruto will defeat Sasuke, then during the Madara/Naruto fight, Sasuke will take a blow for Naruto, and probably die
theres one thing im really really really really pissed of about naruto he still likes sakura henata deserve naruto[/spoiler]

Spoiler Warning.

animefreak17 said:
Naruto won't kill Sasuke. When Naruto confronted Sasuke at the end of the Five Kage Summit arc, he strictly told Sasuke that the next time they battle
they would both die in battle.
Naruto's goal has always been to return Sasuke to Konoha, and has he constantly says in the series: "How can be hokage when I can't even save one friend?".

"Naruto becoming Hokage so easily"? I'm confused by what you mean by that. Considering how Naruto has already earned the love and trust from Konoha that he always wanted by defeating Pain (Heck, TWO of Pain's Paths were enough to kill Kakashi, who, until Danzo's outburst, was a top candidate to be the 6th Hokage, and who was treated as such after Danzo's death. Yet, Naruto defeated all Six Paths of Pain), being the hero in the biggest war in Ninja history would no doubt make him a candidate for the position.

In my opinion, the series will end with Sasuke learning that Madara has manipulated him. At the very end of the war, Sasuke will team up with Naruto to battle Madara. During this fight, Sasuke will sacrifice his life to allow Naruto to land the finishing blow (I can see Sasuke reflecting more on the ideals of his brother to do anything for the sake of Konoha; even if it means giving up that which is dearest to you). After the war, Naruto can then take Sasuke's body back to the village, where he will be remembered as being as much of a hero as Naruto was. So in that respect, Naruto would have saved Sasuke from hated by the village, like he once was.

Then, with the war over, and all the ninja villages united, Naruto would finally have achieved Jiraiya and Minato's dream of uniting the world.

Also, I don't get where you're coming from with saying that Hinata deserves Naruto more than Sakura. All Hinata has done for Naruto is watched him from afar, fainted whenever he approaches, and stood in front of Pain (only to be royally owned). Meanwhile, Naruto and Sakura have fought alongside each other numerous times; both have a deep understanding of each other as a result of the whole Sasuke thing.
Throughout the series, Naruto has always been compared to Minato Namikaze (The Fourth Hokage) and he married Kushina Uzumaki. In Kushina's limited appearances, there have been numerous parallels between her and Sakura (such as their tempers, and their tendancies to lash out) - even their poses when doing so are very similar.
Remember, Hinata is a minor character, Sakura is a main character, and the guy always gets the girl he wants, and he's loved Sakura since the start (and although her confession was a ruse to try and get Naruto to give up on Sasuke, it's still fairly obvious that she loves him).[/b]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back