Naruto debuts on UK TV today

I watched about 1 minute of the English Dub and never touched it again.

I wish it wasn't coming to the UK, it will ruin it's reputation

Denizen said:
I watched about 1 minute of the English Dub and never touched it again.

I wish it wasn't coming to the UK, it will ruin it's reputation
It only has a reputation amongst the anime fan community and that won't be affected by a dub or edits since they generally have better knowledge about what is available out there than others outside of the community.

To the average watcher of Jetix they will have had absolutely no idea what it was in the first place and have no preconceptions to its original content and so will not judge it the worse because of the cuts and dubbing. It was the same with Cardcaptors and Sailor Moon, both of which are known amongst the anime community to have particularly bad dubs and cuts but nevertheless introduced a great many people to the world of anime who didn't know better.

well said gawyn.

its all about money...

jetix have proberly seen how successful naruto is around the world, and wnat a part of it. im sure once the merchandising, publicity and toys starts over here (depending on its success) jetix will get a cut of it, so jetix will be happy, and so will the average playground kid who has somthing to talk about & play with until the next fad comes in.....

everybodys happy, except the anime fans..

so from what ive heard, il think il take naruto off the sky planner, and stick to the subbed versions :D

Reno said:
jetix have proberly seen how successful naruto is around the world, and wnat a part of it. im sure once the merchandising, publicity and toys starts over here (depending on its success) jetix will get a cut of it, so jetix will be happy, and so will the average playground kid who has somthing to talk about & play with until the next fad comes in.....

I don't know if these are UK based or imported, but there are some horrible aimed-at-kids Naruto action figures in the shops know. They look horribly deformed and have huge joins where the articulation is.

Back