Naruto debuts on UK TV today

Ok, it's running in the background and to be honest, I'm only having it on to boost ratings.
So far so good, haven't done anything too stupid, though I do think they threw in a transition in there, will have to check up on that.

crap i totally spaced on it! hopefully enough people watched it to show off the love of anime. will favourite it for next week, even though i'm almost at ep 120. it's going to take forever to get to the latest ones!

I think the confusion here is on the EPG since practically everywhere I've seen it scheduled at 20:00. I caught the 21:00 Jetix+1 showing despite being in the middle of having the worst case of flu I've had for a couple of years.

The dub is not as bad as people made it out to be. I prefer Japanese dubs for the most part but the voices seemed fairly emotive and not over the top as often is the case with kids' shows.

Well it's gone 5pm and jetix is still saying naruto is on at 5. So why am i seeing that dumb football show again. Damn channel.

Heh having tried to follow a show a few years ago on one of these 'kids' channels I'm not exactly shocked how bad their scheduling is

Extremely disappointed. Why god, why? Why is Naruto on a channel that probably considers its greatest programs Power Rangers and Totally Spies? I love this show, it's a shame to see it be ruined completely...

- All action scenes ruined

- Plenty of non-action moments ruined by unnecessary cuts for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

I mean the US dub was fine, the voices could be better but they're certainly not too bad. But the UK one just takes the piss to be honest. Not to mention the fact that it's on at 8pm, a LOT of worse things are on at this time.

Ah well, it's a laugh to watch it atleast. I'll look forward to the uncut DVDs.

It's so cut to hell it's frustrating >.>
I suppose we had to expect it though, being on kids show Jetix, which is what they've cut Naruto into, a kids show.

fowler said:
It's so cut to hell it's frustrating >.>
I suppose we had to expect it though, being on kids show Jetix, which is what they've cut Naruto into, a kids show.
I think they've edited it even more for Jetix than they did for America, i'm sure theres even more stuff missing, and the extra editing looks really amateurishly done, you can hear the change in the music

I really like it...it was obvious stuff would be cut out (plus there's the uncut DVDs soon), so I'm not gonna complain.

Then again, I'm only really basing it off the manga...I don't watch fansubs, so I wouldn't know how the voices are in comparison to the original Japanese...not that I really care anyway.

Not fair

yeh Naruto has come to T.V in U.K. So what, I'm on episode 110 on youtube. No i am not being snotty and bad tempered!!!....
Okay the thing is they said it was going to be on at 5.00 - the perfect time for me! Now it is on at 8.00, my dad is home then and he watches T.V at that time. It's the same for Full Metal Alchemist, I have already watched it on youtube but I wanted to see it in english for a change. T_T I haven't watched a single episode......

Re: Not fair

renstalker said:
yeh Naruto has come to T.V in U.K. So what, I'm on episode 110 on youtube. No i am not being snotty and bad tempered!!!....
Okay the thing is they said it was going to be on at 5.00 - the perfect time for me! Now it is on at 8.00, my dad is home then and he watches T.V at that time. It's the same for Full Metal Alchemist, I have already watched it on youtube but I wanted to see it in english for a change. T_T I haven't watched a single episode......

You really need sky multi room. Its very helpful, and stops arguing for a extra £10 a month

Re: Not fair

keyblade_master uk said:
renstalker said:

You really need sky multi room. Its very helpful, and stops arguing for a extra £10 a month
aww love your picture its sasuke and itachi! anyways well my mum and dad are splitting up soon so we wont be able to afford it. Aw well I'd probably just get stressed because the dubbed version cuts a lot out. Hey does anyone go onto saiyanisland.com here? It's a great site, and you just gotta watch fun with akatsuki on youtube.com!

I think Naruto's good but the fillers pretty much killed it for me.

(How is that Blair and Bush in their mission to police the world forgot to nuke Star Village?)

When I saw the american dub I thought it was a funny parody done by fans when my friend told me it was the actual dub... :(
I thought they couldn't ruin it more when I heard it was coming to Jetix but when I saw the edit I was proved wrong.
hats off to yu Jetix guys for bringing Naruto to a new low

ok ok fair enuff :lol:
I guess it is a step forward for anime, but do we really want this if it means sacrificing the quality of the anime?

That reply from Jetix UK makes no sense. I seen the US dub, when I was over there recently, and they have a more stringent and harder criteria for "unsuitable content for children" censuring rules than the UK. No This is just Disney being Disney. CN in the US airs Naruto after 2100. Jetix should do the same here and save the money from the unnecessary editing on top of the editing that Viz did for CN. However, to be far to Jetix at least they have TV ads for the uncut DVD's. Still they are interpreting the UK code to make a blind for their own content policy. This duck is not so easily fooled. :wink:

many users have said it before, and i just feel like i must say it also.
from what i have been hearing the uk naruto is simply waste.
the part i dont get is, if it is edited to crap and most of the peeps are hating it. then why bother to continue watching it? it makes no sence. And the way some people are complaining over it, its getting very annoying.
why contribute to their ratings on a show you liked but now it has been destroyed?
I would have thought that people would have stopped watching the tv version, to bring their rating low and show them why the tv version is bad.
just watch fansubs or get the uncut dvd's. it's simple.
sorry if it sounded somewhat rude but i just felt like i had to say this.

Back