Mysterious Girlfriend X Trailer

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
The official website of Hoods Entertainment’s TV anime adaptation of Riichi Ueshiba’s Mysterious Girlfriend X is streaming a trailer.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4cqqGThHTY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4cqqGThHTY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Synopsis:

<em>Tsubaki is your relatively normal high school kid until he meets a strange transfer student named Mikoto Urabe who is antisocial and likes to sleep during class breaks. One day, Tusbaki tries to wake her up and accidentally tastes her drool and becomes addicted to it.... which leads to him going out with her and discovering more about her which includes her second hobby of carrying around scissors in her panties and cutting paper into flowers.</em>

Mikoto is voiced by Ayako Yoshitani who will also sing the opening song “Love Orchestra”. Tsubaki is voiced by Miyu Irino (Haku in Spirited Away, Tsutomu in Tetsuwa Birdy Decode).

Ayumu Watanabe who has directed numerous Doraemon movies as well as the forthcoming Space Brothers is helming this series. Deko Akao who has written on Arakawa Under the Bridge is handling the scripts here and Kenihi Konishi (Tokyo Godfathers) is designing the characters.

<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-03-16/nazo-no-kanojo-x-tv-anime-ad-streamed">Source</a> <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/article/76/spring-2012-anime-preview">Source</a>

Can't say I think much of the music, but at least it seems reasonably faithful to the look of the source material. I stopped following the manga when the plot petered out, so maybe if they can tighten it up, I'll stick around this time.

I'd hesitate to say it was all about fetishism exactly. While the story has a weird, psychosexual dimension, it wasn't so focused on it as the likes of David Cronenberg's Crash, for want of a better example.

If anything, MGX was more interested in the offbeat, symbiotic relationship between the two main characters - a kind of unconventional romance. Having said that though, the plot started to seem a bit aimless as it went along and I did hear it collapsed into little more than fanservice later on.

I'm curious to see what they'll do with the anime, but I think I'll just drop it if it focuses on fanservice to the exclusion of everything else.

Yet more quality dribbles forth. :roll:
The girl sort of reminds me of Kirika from Noir in looks, but I'm sure if you touch her drool it would kill you somehow. :wink:

Mohawk52 said:
i c wot u did their

I tried to read the manga but the saliva tasting business just turned my stomach. If there's one thing anime has taught me it's that the characters are capable of producing excess amounts of all kinds of bodily fluids (funnily enough I'm okay with the others).

lubricatedfanatic said:
Mohawk52 said:
i c wot u did their

I tried to read the manga but the saliva tasting business just turned my stomach. If there's one thing anime has taught me it's that the characters are capable of producing excess amounts of all kinds of bodily fluids (funnily enough I'm okay with the others).
I've also noticed no one ever dies of C-dif or E-coli infection, or Septicaemias, or STIs of any kind either, but as we all know it is a world of fantasy afterall. :wink:

I kinda want to know more about this series, two reasons:

1. Hoods Entertainment - What have they done: Seikon No Qwaser and Manyuu Hikenchou. Anime considered some of the worst anime series because of it's hardcore fan-service. I just wonder if they can tone it down here because looking at the staff, it has some promise.

2. The guy who is directing this, is also directing Space Brothers this season and i'm really looking forward to that, add to that the interesting art design, worth 1st episode watch.

So yeah, I would try this, hopefully it will be a guilty pleasure like I had with Astarotte no Omocha last year.

Edit:

Professor Irony said:
I'm curious to see what they'll do with the anime, but I think I'll just drop it if it focuses on fanservice to the exclusion of everything else.

Oh Dear...

Throwing my chips down on the table on this one: I think people might be pleasantly surprised by this show.

Back