My Hero Academia - Two Heroes Review

Cold Cobra

I'm entirely trustworthy...
AUKN Staff
My Hero Academia does Die Hard as it makes its theatrical debut with “Two Heroes”, a story that also explores the past of one of the series’ lead characters: All Might. Does this blend of genres work while living up to the great TV series? In a word: Yes!

Continue reading...

Watched this this evening, and as far as Shonen movies go, its perfectly enjoyable.

The Two Heroes scene in the final fight was fantastic to see with the great MHA soundtrack going, especially considering we're very unlikely to get a similar moment in the show considering how S3 ended.

And just enough of the regular cast were featured in the main plot, so unlike a lot of other Shonen movies, it didn't feel like characters were showing up just for cameos in the fights.

I'm 90% certain that I booked for the sub showing at Vue, but it ended up being the dub. This was my first time encountering the dub for MHA, and as mentioned in the review here, it was actually pretty good. There are a few lines I may have had re-recorded if I was the voice director, but the performances matched what I expect from the characters.

Watched this this evening, and as far as Shonen movies go, its perfectly enjoyable.

The Two Heroes scene in the final fight was fantastic to see with the great MHA soundtrack going, especially considering we're very unlikely to get a similar moment in the show considering how S3 ended.

And just enough of the regular cast were featured in the main plot, so unlike a lot of other Shonen movies, it didn't feel like characters were showing up just for cameos in the fights.

I'm 90% certain that I booked for the sub showing at Vue, but it ended up being the dub. This was my first time encountering the dub for MHA, and as mentioned in the review here, it was actually pretty good. There are a few lines I may have had re-recorded if I was the voice director, but the performances matched what I expect from the characters.

FWIW, my showing was also supposed to be subbed but ended up being dubbed. A few people walked out near the start, I assume for this reason. I didn't mind personally, it was my first time hearing the dub too, and it was decent. Only bugbear was Mineta, whoever decided he should have a lisp needs firing.

I enjoyed it but my favourite character was robbed, and from the loud cheers it seemed that everyone in the audience liked Mineta a lot more than I do (lol).

Strangely when I booked (Vue) I was sure I booked subtitled as I don't watch dubs (personal opinion and hard of hearing anyway so text is good), but when my friend checked the booking confirmation it said it was dubbed. Thanks to his sharp eyes I managed to get a refund and rebooked at a different cinema (also Vue) and we successfully saw the subbed version. I thought I'd just made a (weird) mistake but now I'm wondering whether there was a wider issue with the Vue booking process.

R

I enjoyed the movie too! As far as 'spin-off' movies go, I thought it was handled very well and there's only a few things (mineta) that I could complain about. But I had the same issue with booking. My friend and I booked a showing that was listed as a sub, but it ended up being the dub.. we stayed but were a little disappointed. Maybe there was just an issue with the screening sites mislabeling the showings?

I'm excited to see more people getting into MHA though. I feel like MHA is really helping a lot of people that usually wouldn't like action series get into the genre. After I started reading MHA, I branched out to other action series and now I'm kind of addicted. I think one of my favorites besides MHA would have to be Ultimate Outcast. The fight scenes in this series are definitely some of the best that I've ever seen, and the main character is extremely lovable, kind of like Deku. I definitely recommend trying it out if you haven't already!

Back