MVM to discontinue FUNimation anime releases in the UK

butch-cassidy said:
The MVM logo was never on the FMA sets or other Funi titles. The only apperence of MVM is inside the box where they advertise their other releases.
On the FUNimation titles they didn't have their advertisements at all. The FMA discs for one had revisible covers. The only place, at all, that MVM is mentioned is in the small print at the back of the cover that states MVM as the distributor. (I'll have to check my other FUNi/MVM releases to confirm that but I am fairly sure that is the case; certainly it is for FMA.)

Gawyn said:
butch-cassidy said:
The MVM logo was never on the FMA sets or other Funi titles. The only apperence of MVM is inside the box where they advertise their other releases.
On the FUNimation titles they didn't have their advertisements at all. The FMA discs for one had revisible covers. The only place, at all, that MVM is mentioned is in the small print at the back of the cover that states MVM as the distributor. (I'll have to check my other FUNi/MVM releases to confirm that but I am fairly sure that is the case; certainly it is for FMA.)

Well FMA is my bad. I know for a fact that Fruits Basket and Blue Gender have them... but they are older releases. Anyone else know about Lupin or Gunslinger girl? :?:

Revelation Films said:
Hi James,

I have had some response regarding our e-mail conversation online about one of the titles Fruits Basket. Please can I confirm that volumes 1-4 will be released as a complete box set rather than the re release of volume 4 on DVD.

Please do not hesitate if there are any questions that I can help with.

Pria Manani

Revelation Films

Revelation Films seems to be very interested in distributing Funimation Anime. They have now confirmed that it is Volumes 1-4 n the boxset and not a re-release of volume 4. Makes sense, the reason I say they seem very nterested is because I didn't even have to email them to receive this answer. I think I'll ask them about the US 20 page booklets with FMA to see whats in store for us there.

Edit:

Heres what I wrote:

Me said:
Hi Pria,

Thanks for the infromation. There has been one other thing I was wondering about actually.I heard that in America they have 20 page booklets that come with their FullMetal Alchemist DVDs. Do you know if we will get these in the UK?

Thanks
James

Heres the answer I got:

Revelation Films said:
Hi James,

As far as we are aware, there will be a 60 page booklet for the Fullmetal Alchemist movie which will be released later next year.

I hope that this has been of some help.

Regards,

Pria Manani

Revelation Films

Seems pretty great. Can't wait for the movie personally and the 60 page booklet lol :)
It will be ineresting to see about the 20 page booklets though, if we get them or not.

butch-cassidy said:
Gawyn said:
butch-cassidy said:

Well FMA is my bad. I know for a fact that Fruits Basket and Blue Gender have them... but they are older releases. Anyone else know about Lupin or Gunslinger girl? :?:
GSG is the same as FMA; reversible covers. Kiddie Grade has the MVM advertisements and I suspect Lupin, as another older title, will do too but it is at the bottom of a big pile of anime at the moment and I don't feel like digging it out...

The Fruits Basket box is slightly expensive when you consider that MVM have released Ikki Tousen (a like number of discs) at £39.99 RRP. It is still £30 cheaper than the four single volumes (at their original price of £20). If they intend to price everything at £16, then it would be a saving of just £10. No mention there of whether it has Japanese dub or is just English dub.

If it's from FUNimation they're bound to have Japanese audio included and... if I don't mind me asking, where the hell is my Yu Yu Hakusho @ on this list? ;/

Rukario said:
if I don't mind me asking, where the hell is my Yu Yu Hakusho @ on this list? ;/
They have only given the releases planned for January. It could be out in February or later or they could just stop distribution altogether.

Also, since they have neither mentioned anything regarding actual content, just that the packaging will be effectively the same as the MVM distribution I don't think anything is given until we get it. I would be very surprised if they didn't include the Japanese dub but they are, as yet, an unknown commodity.

YYH has always been a whipping boy as far as over here is concerned.

And I'm not supprised if they just want to drop it, least they contract the MVM desease of trying to get it on tv only to stop production when they can't.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Rukario said:
If it's from FUNimation they're bound to have Japanese audio included
MVM's release of Blue Gender didn't.

You can get the Blue Gender boxset for £17.85. It actually comes with Japanese audio, whole tv series plus movie & extras.

While £17.85 in the UK would only get me volume 1 of Blue Gender.

I'm sorry but US market wins again - BIG TIME!

Conan-san said:
YYH has always been a whipping boy as far as over here is concerned.

And I'm not supprised if they just want to drop it, least they contract the MVM desease of trying to get it on tv only to stop production when they can't.
The YYH anime has never sold well in this country. Trying to get a TV airing for it was probably a last ditch attempt to get some public knowledge of the product and boost sales for a loss-making product. They couldn't drum up any publicity for it, it's sales didn't improve and the product was dropped/put on indefinite hiatus. All companies do this; there is no point shipping something that is ultimately going to make a loss. ADV did something similar with Get Backers, putting it on hiatus after volume 6 until the sales of the previous volumes picked up enough to make it viable.

Back