MVM to discontinue FUNimation anime releases in the UK

Lupus

Baka Ranger
FMA has actually been licensed in the UK where as Tenchi hasn't, and since FUNi might be holding up their own UK branch, you'll get it...

Oh also @ GAWYN: IYO, do you think if FUNi is having a branch here, they'll do reprints? =/
 

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Hentai said:
Forget about FMA what about the new Tenchi?

I've been waiting like a saint for MVM to release it.

i'm getting region 1 of that anyway so no worries there lol

same with FMP 2nd raid

Also MVM said they had no plans on releasing anymore tenchi over here anyway
 

Sy

Time-Traveller
If Funi take it into their own hands and release it themselves over here then maybe we'll get some higher quailty releases.
 

Gawyn

Magical Girl
Rukario said:
FMA has actually been licensed in the UK where as Tenchi hasn't, and since FUNi might be holding up their own UK branch, you'll get it...

Oh also @ GAWYN: IYO, do you think if FUNi is having a branch here, they'll do reprints? =/
Yes I do believe they will be distributing by an alternate source and that they will be reprinting most of the more recent stuff. Some of the older titles may be lost, such as Fruits Basket or Blue Gender but things like FMA and Gunslinger Girl will still probably be made available to buy.
 

Lupus

Baka Ranger
I want a refund, seriously, there's no way I'm being ripped off like this... I mean, I don't care about how MVM went about releasing the series, just give me the remainder of the DVDs. Kthx. <3

EDIT: Oh really? Good, as long as there isn't a massive change in the series display itself.
 

Sy

Time-Traveller
It is a huge blow. Personally I am really fussy about releases. I can't mix and match otherwise it irritates the hell out of me.
 

Necromancer

Stand User
WTFDaveMustaine said:
It is a huge blow. Personally I am really fussy about releases. I can't mix and match otherwise it irritates the hell out of me.

Same here. Glad I only bought vol 6, I'll probably go with thr R1 complete collection when it's released next year now. Now I just need to catch up with Samurai Champloo and not worry about FMA.
 

Fudce

Great Teacher
Ryo Chan said:
same with FMP 2nd raid
FMP:TSR isn't a funimation title in the first place, so that licence is essentially up for grabs in the UK.
It's licenced in America by Kadokawa USA, and only distributed by Funimation.
 

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Fudce said:
Ryo Chan said:
same with FMP 2nd raid
FMP:TSR isn't a funimation title in the first place, so that licence is essentially up for grabs in the UK.
It's licenced in America by Kadokawa USA, and only distributed by Funimation.

Few I panicked then, I don't mind losing FMA as I never started collecting it but I would hate to lose the FMP 2nd raid series as I love the characters and the storyline.
 

Ammish

Stand User
Good, at least Funimation aren't upsetting us. MVM, I hate you so much, you can die now.

Go, Funimation!!!!! Give us your channel as well. lol
 

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Don't blame MVM; it isn't their fault FUNimation have decided to use a different means of distribution. I know it's frustrating for DVD collectors but I assume FUNi will sort all of this out eventually; given their excellent reputation for customer service in the US, don't be surprised if they run some kind of DVD swap.

Also - I've updated the original news article to reflect Espy's email from FUNi.
 

Espy

Thousand Master
It doesn't seem like it was something of MVM's fault, so let's all stop the "HANG MVM AND FEED THEIR CARCASS TO THE DOGS" now, shall we?
 

Ushio

Magical Girl
Espy said:
It doesn't seem like it was something of MVM's fault, so let's all stop the "HANG MVM AND FEED THEIR CARCASS TO THE DOGS" now, shall we?
Seconded, it looks more like Funimation screwed MVM over and not the other way round...
 

harkins

Adventurer
Strikes me that despite the current uncertainty around one or two series (especially FMA) that this will be a good thing in the end. I'm quite excited and can only see more anime coming our way as a result.

But I do genuinely feel sorry for FMA collectors. It's as if collecting that series is a quest as long and trying as the Elric Brothers quest.
 

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
It's like FMA is cursed in the UK right now. It has just suffered from delay after delay, from warehouse fires to this, and it's arguably the most popular anime series in the UK behind Naruto. That said, if you look at FUNimation's high quality R1 releases though - their art boxes are often extremely tasty - this might not be such a bad thing. No doubt there will be more money behind the likes of FMA now, and I hope this will see the quality of releases go up. Perhaps we'll even see DBZ on UK DVD?!

It's a shame for MVM. They've done a lot for anime in the UK and I get the impression they are being kinda shafted here. As long as they stick with Geneon though, they'll be fine - Geneon know about good anime. We need Gankutsuou, MVM ;)
 
Guys, I need your advice here...

As alot of you know, I'm a new fan to the wonderful world of FMA, and this news has thrown me a bit. I was planning on buying the dvd's but I'm not sure what to do. Do I go buy all the one's I can, or do I wait it out to find out what alternative arrangements Funimation are going to do. I'm wondering if this news was deliberately timed just before christmas, to send people in to a mad panic.

God, I can't imagine a world without FMA.

What should I do?

M.G xx
 

Ammish

Stand User
Manga Girls said:
Guys, I need your advice here...

As alot of you know, I'm a new fan to the wonderful world of FMA, and this news has thrown me a bit. I was planning on buying the dvd's but I'm not sure what to do. Do I go buy all the one's I can, or do I wait it out to find out what alternative arrangements Funimation are going to do. I'm wondering if this news was deliberately timed just before christmas, to send people in to a mad panic.

God, I can't imagine a world without FMA.

What should I do?

M.G xx

I think you need to hear the news first, its all in the shadows of what Funimation gonna do.

And yeah, I can't imagine a world without FMA, that what got me into anime.
 
Top