MVM to discontinue FUNimation anime releases in the UK

Espy said:
I'm looking at Revelation's current anime catologue.

Jin is one horny hunk, a twenty-two year old stud with lady killer looks. When he's challenged by gorgeous Ai Mizushima to 'make me scream with pleasure'- it's a wager he can't refuse, especially when prize will be a spanking new sports car. But despite his amazing sexual prowess, coming first, Jin leaves Ai unfulfilled.

Being a good sport she gives him one more oportunity to satisfy her - but before he gets the chance, they're set upon by a gang of bikers.

He may be a super stud, but can he satisfy her lust?

:shock:

... what movie was this then, if at all it -was- a movie? ;]

Paul said:
Don't blame MVM; it isn't their fault FUNimation have decided to use a different means of distribution. I know it's frustrating for DVD collectors but I assume FUNi will sort all of this out eventually; given their excellent reputation for customer service in the US, don't be surprised if they run some kind of DVD swap.

Also - I've updated the original news article to reflect Espy's email from FUNi.
Indeed hold your fire and save your ammunition for Revelation Films. They used to be known as Kiseki, or kiseke that sold mostly hentai and a few other low budget titles. I was introduced to them back in 2001/2 when I was collecting "StarBlazers, Quest for Iscandar" DVD's, as I was told by Voyager Ent. that they were their UK distributor. Revelation only had 2 volumes, and they were too expensive anyway. I ended up importing the whole series from Amazon .com. Now they only list 2 "Japanese Animation" Discs. I hope someone at Navarre gives them a good shaking up if we are going to be any better served.

Ok, I emailed Revelation films yesterday, they have now replied and suppied information:

My email said:
Dear Revelation films,

I hear that you are taking over from MVM starting January 1st 2007 for releasing FUNimation Anime in the UK. I have a few questions about this:

Will this affect any release dates for DVDs?
What can we expect from the DVD menus. Are you going to change them or keep them the same?
What about DVD extras, what can we expect if at all?
Finally, the Dragonball, Z and GT series's have been imensly popular but have never had an uncut release here in the UK. Will there be any chance of you releasing it?

Thanks
James

Revelation films said:
Hi James,

Thank you for getting in contact regarding Funimation Anime.

From the 1st January 2007 we will be the distributors of Funimation titles in the UK, with the first three new releases of Full Alchemist vol 9, Fruits Basket 4 DVD box set and Spiral vol 1 out on 22nd January.

The content of the DVD will be the same including extras, menus ect that are supplied to us.

At the moment we only have confirmed releases for our January titles, more information on other titles will be available shortly.

Hope that has been of help.

Regards,

Pria Manani

butch-cassidy said:
Fruit Baskets set? Where did that come from? O.O

Hmm yeah. I'm thinking its a mistype. Well either that or its a boxset and not volume 4. Ido believe Volume 4 is already out is it not?

Volume 4 has been out for years, it has to be a set. There is nothing listed on any order site I use. It must be last minute or maybe their going insane? :p

butch-cassidy said:
Volume 4 has been out for years, it has to be a set. There is nothing listed on any order site I use. It must be last minute or maybe their going insane? :p

No dea but if it is a boxset I'll be sure to but it :)

WTFDaveMustaine said:
This looks to be better than what MVM has been doing. Sounds more like how ADV work.

Yeah, should be interesting to see how they continue selling Anime. Lol just realised I misread it. I though it was "volume 4 boxset" makes sense now =P

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Nope, in the US releases there is a 20 page booklet with each volume.

There is o_O

Guess we'll have to wait till January to find out. If they do I wonder if they'll add them to the previous volumes too.

If you want to know about booklets...

You should email them =P
They seem quite happy to respond to any other questions, so why not?

Also, I'm glad that they're continuing FMA where they left off.

It will be good if we get more extras with our dvds e.g. booklets and collection boxes. Though i don't like the idea of the logo changing, i may just be picky, but i like continuity so i don't like the thought of the mvm logo being replaced by whatever their's is half way through a series

Back