MVM to discontinue FUNimation anime releases in the UK

Manga Girls said:
What should I do?
I would wait, that is to say I'm waiting as well!

Apparently MVM have to get rid of all their Funimation DVDs by the end of the year. I'm sensing that they might be doing a big sale in a few weeks.

Or maybe Funimation will do some nice re-releases...

I'm gonna sit on it a while myself and see how things develop.

Maybe Funi decided this because of the looooooong delays in new volumes or the overall quality of the releases fearing the MVM releases would give them a bad rep.

This could turn out for the best in the end as I thing Funi are one of the best distributers in the US right now. They always seem to give a little bit more with their releases.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
It is a huge blow. Personally I am really fussy about releases. I can't mix and match otherwise it irritates the hell out of me.

Yeah - likewise. If they continue with FMA, but with completely different packaging and layout, etc., then I'll be annoyed. It's already out of whack because of the lack of a collectors tin for the first few discs. :)

I'm thinking if Funi do it themselves though and rerelease it then we might get all the tins and even the booklets that come with the US releases.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I'm thinking if Funi do it themselves though and rerelease it then we might get all the tins and even the booklets that come with the US releases.

oooh! Good point - never thought of that! :p

I wouldn't mind rebuying #1-8, I'm crazy like that, but if they make us wait over a year as they release them sequentially, THAT will annoy me.

Between the Mr Hell Show licence and the delays, I'm not suppressed Funi jumped ship. MVM have been a force de crap from the moment they failed to get YYH on TV and get the ADV and Genon uncut sailor moon stuff (ADV yeah fine, but there was NOT an excsue with the Genon Stuff) so, yeah, they can go die in a fire for all I care.

Conan-san said:
Between the Mr Hell Show licence and the delays, I'm not suppressed Funi jumped ship. MVM have been a force de crap from the moment they failed to get YYH on TV and get the ADV and Genon uncut sailor moon stuff (ADV yeah fine, but there was NOT an excsue with the Genon Stuff) so, yeah, they can go die in a fire for all I care.

Now this is the sort of unproductive crap I can live without.

http://www.uk-anime.net/news.asp?IntID=331

Looks like the cat is out of the bag now - I wonder if Funimation would have been quite so quick to make this statement if we hadn't kicked this off for them - for those who were wondering, all this started because a staff member of the new Distro was shooting his mouth off about "acquiring FMA".

One should be careful of what one says in the company of strangers ^^

So MVM really had the rug pulled from under them. On the press release it says that Revelation Films were an existing distributor for funimations new parent company Navarre, so I guess they thought it would be easier/cheaper to transfer the titles to them instead of keeping up an extra contract. Kinda unfair to MVM but thats business I guess.

(1st ever post gosh that was scary)

Considering from Revelations site I donno how well they will handle this. I have seen some of their titles and believe it or not the packaging looks even cheaper than MVM's. :(

The only packaging changes will be the removal of MVM's name from the small print, as Funimation themselves provide all the artwork for their own releases.

Hmmm......but FMA should pick up again because it is a bit of a money spinner for them.

I have no idea who this company are. If they keep up a decent release shedule they'll be better distibuter than MVM anyway.

I'm guessing the constant delays are why they changed companies. Seems that way now anyway.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I have no idea who this company are. If they keep up a decent release shedule they'll be better distibuter than MVM anyway.

I'm guessing the constant delays are why they changed companies. Seems that way now anyway.
They were, according to UKA, the "force" behind Kiseki, which has long been defunct... Hopefully they will do a better job herein.

The change had nothing to do with the long delays. Navarre, who own FUNimation as of earlier this year, distribute their titles in the UK through Revelation and that is the reason they have switched. If anything the delays are more a result of the change of distribution method than the other way around. I hope that the new distro will continue FMA from vol 9 onwards or I will probably resort to importing, much as I would hate to but I certainly am not up to waiting a year or two to finish up on FMA from this close to its conclusion.

If I remember didn't MVM 'lose' one of the masters and had to have it resubmitted to the BBFC when they got the new one which was the cause of one of the delays.

I'm looking at Revelation's current anime catologue.

Jin is one horny hunk, a twenty-two year old stud with lady killer looks. When he's challenged by gorgeous Ai Mizushima to 'make me scream with pleasure'- it's a wager he can't refuse, especially when prize will be a spanking new sports car. But despite his amazing sexual prowess, coming first, Jin leaves Ai unfulfilled.

Being a good sport she gives him one more oportunity to satisfy her - but before he gets the chance, they're set upon by a gang of bikers.

He may be a super stud, but can he satisfy her lust?

:shock:

I saw their release of Goodnight Sweetheart in HMV the other day which was released in a tin and it looks very high quality to me. I don't like the show but it the presentation looked good at least.

Back