MVM license Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari (DVD/Blu Ray)

Re: MVM license Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari (DVD/Blu R

Reaper gI said:
VoxPhantom said:
With Bakemonogatari, I'm looking forward to seeing how the series looks on BD, as I recall that the Shaft were struggling to get all the animation done during its airing run. Never did see the final two episodes that came out months after the series finished. It was one of the first series I watched after getting into anime, so I doubt I got any of the parodies or references - will be fun to watch it now and see what jumps out at me.
They fixed all the animation for the BDs, to the point they had to delay releases by months to get it all finished (it was selling massively, so they could get away with it).
Awesome, will be nice to see the animation for the Nadeko Snake sequences, instead of just words on the screen! :lol:

Reaper gI said:
One of the highest selling series in Japan for the last decade.

Bakemonogatari is the highest selling since Evangelion. Nisemonogatari is 4th, behind that, Gundam SEED Destiny and Madoka Magica.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Reaper gI said:
One of the highest selling series in Japan for the last decade.

Bakemonogatari is the highest selling since Evangelion. Nisemonogatari is 4th, behind that, Gundam SEED Destiny and Madoka Magica.
I had no idea the 'monogatari shows were such a big deal in Japan :eek:
After reading through this thread I'm starting to feel more interested in seeing these, but then I would have bought the BluRays anyway just to support MVM.

Rosencrantz said:
Doraemon666 said:
Invisible Crane said:
So whats the big deal about these 2 shows anyway?
Not much they are insanely overhyped,good shows but nothing to get excited about,they are not as have as smart and witty as they think they are and i hated every character in them which really turned me of the series,but no doubt the the style and art and over all production and direction is simply beautiful,you,ll either love them or hate them.

What i'm wondering is how well they'll do here, we have a dozen or so confirmed BD buys here but are the rest of the UK as excited? What we think is good doesn't always translate into numbers at the other end alas
There is no doubt they will be a success just the hype alone will help and i,m sure there is a large number of fans who were not willing to pay the high prices for the region 1 sets who will now jump at the UK releases,we shall wait and see,i really do hope they sell well here in the UK as they are defenetily two of the most important releases to hit the UK anime market.

I'm definitely picking up both. I really enjoyed Nisemonogatari when it was on Crunchyroll despite not usually being into this type of anime.

Doraemon666 said:
There is no doubt they will be a success just the hype alone will help and i,m sure there is a large number of fans who were not willing to pay the high prices for the region 1 sets who will now jump at the UK releases,we shall wait and see,i really do hope they sell well here in the UK as they are defenetily two of the most important releases to hit the UK anime market.

Which is why it surprises me that Manga didn't pick them up, but then as you say maybe they are overhyped and I doubt they will sell as well as Mangas big guns.

Back