MVM license Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari (DVD/Blu Ray)

Re: MVM license Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari (DVD/Blu R

MaxonTreik said:
bakum4tsu said:
sanji no 1 said:
Great......More stuff I'm not gonna buy

I'm not gonna buy them too so you're not alone.
bakum4tsu, do you get off on telling people you're not buying something? Seems odd that you would waste the time to tell others about all these things you're supposedly not buying when you could just ignore the thread if it doesn't interest you at all.

He mentioned his option for not buying the series and unless he was being sarcastic, I wasnt. I saw a few eps of Baka... when it was airing but didnt catch my eye at the time.

Anyway, I think i can share my opinion or comments in every thread i want, if its saying good or bad things.

sanji no 1 said he wasnt gonna buy and so i felt like sharing my thoughts about this license too and thats it. Even though i might not buy them, i care about what people say about it so this thread interests me.

Personally, as i said before, i (think lol) i'm not gonna get them but its good to see some really demanding licenses arriving finally to the UK market.

And sorry if i understood you wrong, english is not my first language.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Only news of this magnitude could've brought me out of my hibernation.

What a coup for MVM. I'd be surprised (and somewhat annoyed) if their release of Bakemono includes the character commentaries as that's likely the primary reason why the Aniplex USA set is so expensive. I'll definitely be buying Nisemonogatari as I don't like that enough to pay what Aniplex USA are asking and even they aren't offering the commentaries for that show.

It is rather annoying they didn't include commerntaries for Nise, that'd definately warrant not picking up the US set if I hadn't already snagged it :roll:

Good job by MvM i'd say, assuming they follow through with the bluray release.

mvm are really impressing me this year

mvm = many really good and desired liscences
manga = a lot of liscenses varying in quality
kaze = bleach + a few good things
anime limited = very good liscenses, but take ages to tell us

manga_addicted95 said:

I dunno, it's hard to know how long other companies have had stuff before they can actually tell us they have them. I think the issue with Anine limited is that we know some of what they have but don't yet have a single disc out, so if anything I think we are ahead and have a lot of anticipation built up.

bakum4tsu said:
He mentioned his option for not buying the series and unless he was being sarcastic, I wasnt. I saw a few eps of Baka... when it was airing but didnt catch my eye at the time.

Anyway, I think i can share my opinion or comments in every thread i want, if its saying good or bad things.

sanji no 1 said he wasnt gonna buy and so i felt like sharing my thoughts about this license too and thats it. Even though i might not buy them, i care about what people say about it so this thread interests me.

Personally, as i said before, i (think lol) i'm not gonna get them but its good to see some really demanding licenses arriving finally to the UK market.

Your well within you rights to say your not getting them, don't worry. Just for the record not titles that interest me either but very glad to see MVM pumping out new releases. Unfortunately they aren't my kind of shows, only Kids on the Slope has slightly interested me but waiting to see some more trailers first.

Rosencrantz said:
manga_addicted95 said:

I dunno, it's hard to know how long other companies have had stuff before they can actually tell us they have them. I think the issue with Anine limited is that we know some of what they have but don't yet have a single disc out, so if anything I think we are ahead and have a lot of anticipation built up.
oh don't get me wrong, i think there trying really hard, and i am excited, but there comes a point where the anticipation gets to be too much, it doesn't help that we don't have any more info on any of their releases, nothing significant at least.

Dan said:
bakum4tsu said:

Your well within you rights to say your not getting them, don't worry. Just for the record not titles that interest me either but very glad to see MVM pumping out new releases. Unfortunately they aren't my kind of shows, only Kids on the Slope has slightly interested me but waiting to see some more trailers first.

For me, it would be great if companies would just release anime i want, that would mean i would have everything i like eheh

Saw a few eps for Kinds on the Slope when it was airing and it they were nice in the beggining with great animation, specialy when they were playing instruments. But then the show turned more into romance in the middle and that its not my genre for sure. Still, the episodes i have see were nice. You should try and check it out though from what i have read in other thread, seems your more into violent/bloody/action anime like me. :)

Regarding Anime Limited, it would be great if they could tell us more this weekend (i guess its gonna happen some event in the UK) regarding their releases. I got great expectations for the company and i hope i'm not gonna be disapointed.

Great stuff by MVM, I'll be picking both of those up. Glad I held off on the US release!

VoxPhantom said:
Great stuff by MVM, I'll be picking both of those up. Glad I held off on the US release!

This is definately a good sign I reckon, we could be entering an Era where our region B status gets us some heavy hitting BD releases at more reasonable prices.

bakum4tsu said:
For me, it would be great if companies would just release anime i want, that would mean i would have everything i like eheh
Haha, don't we all but we'd need everything to sell like hot cakes.

bakum4tsu said:
Saw a few eps for Kinds on the Slope when it was airing and it they were nice in the beggining with great animation, specialy when they were playing instruments. But then the show turned more into romance in the middle and that its not my genre for sure. Still, the episodes i have see were nice. You should try and check it out though from what i have read in other thread.
Doesn't sound like my kinda thing but I'll watch some trailers and see

bakum4tsu said:
seems your more into violent/bloody/action anime like me.
Yeah I love it, my collection is full of it and just to contradict that Ghibli films, haha

AntAce said:
Just Passing Through said:
So far as I'm aware the masters are coming from Aniplex. DVD and Blu Ray content will be identical.
MVM's Twitter

Ah, thank you! Interesting development.
It was the same with Madoka - that's why it was spread out over three discs despite being released as a complete series.

Cloud Strife said:
AntAce said:
If this is indeed the case, I guess we could be seeing more of AOA's licenses coming over here, in future. I've seen a few people wanting a domestic release of Kara no Kyoukai, so the Monogatari series getting a release could certainly be seen as indicative of things going in that direction.
I can't see them releasing a 6-Bluray Disc set though!
In terms of BD, KnK hasn't actually been 'released' in America and they may not even have BD masters in the country - they shipped finished product from Japan and resold it. They've released it on DVD, but those are R1 NTSC (MVM have been releasing some NTSC discs lately though).

Dan said:
bakum4tsu said:
seems your more into violent/bloody/action anime like me.
Yeah I love it, my collection is full of it and just to contradict that Ghibli films, haha

lol i dont have any ghibli movies to be honest and to be even more honest, i only have seen maybe 2 but there are 2 or 3 that i would like to watch. Maybe one day i'll buy them cause i think its nice to have all of them.

Wow, I'm not going to triple dip myself on both but this is great news to read. I know some friends who are going to be thrilled!

R

All i can say this is great news,love these shows and now i dont have to pay pathetic and insane silly prices for them(no show is worth that much) :D

manga_addicted95 said:
Rosencrantz said:
manga_addicted95 said:

oh don't get me wrong, i think there trying really hard, and i am excited, but there comes a point where the anticipation gets to be too much, it doesn't help that we don't have any more info on any of their releases, nothing significant at least.

Sorry for the anticipation ;)! The big issue is for you first releases there is always a gap between announcement and release due to needing to:

1. Receiving video assets.
2. Digitizing all assets.
3. Authoring / mastering your discs.
4. Approving design and release formats with licensor (often this is the longest part).
5. Manufacture and QC.

So the issue is while we're announcing contracts now - there is always a gap between that and release - once we start releasing in July though things will become a lot more fluid.

The reason I'm not releasing details is if I say it will have the kitchen sink on release 1 then the licensor retcons that in approvals - I'd rather not promise the world then under-deliver. Expect news as soon as I can on that as a result :).

So hang in there :)!

Best,

Andrew

bakum4tsu said:
Regarding Anime Limited, it would be great if they could tell us more this weekend (i guess its gonna happen some event in the UK) regarding their releases. I got great expectations for the company and i hope i'm not gonna be disapointed.

We hope you won't be disappointed either, we're working pretty hard on this front just now as well as on 009 RE:CYBORG's theatrical so watch this space - apologies for lack of further information so far too!

Very best,

Andrew

kaze_andrew said:
So the issue is while we're announcing contracts now - there is always a gap between that and release - once we start releasing in July though things will become a lot more fluid.

That's what I was thinking, once we actually have a flow of titles being released we won't notice the lead in so much. Afterall other distributors announce things well ahead but we don't mind as we have the things they announced even longer ago to buy while we wait.

AntAce said:
Having already got the AOA releases of both these series, I won't be double-dipping. I imagine MVM's release of the pair will be barebones, so I can't say I'm too irked with this revelation. However, AOA's releases both lacked region encoding, so I'm curious to see whether or not the BD release will be gimped in any manner - lack of character commentaries, 1080i as opposed to 1080p, etc.
I have Bakemono and won't be double dipping, passed on Nisemono due to lack of extras. May grab MVM's if it's affordable.

kaze_andrew said:
bakum4tsu said:

We hope you won't be disappointed either, we're working pretty hard on this front just now as well as on 009 RE:CYBORG's theatrical so watch this space - apologies for lack of further information so far too!

Very best,

Andrew

Thanks for replying. I will wait for sure for whatever its coming. Hope everything goes well in all those procedures and we can see Anime Limited establish himelsef as a big company in the market.

Back