UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

The NieA_7 Collector's Edition is now shipping. Just received my notification.
Just checked, and mine has shipped too.

It doesn’t really help that the only ‘info’ in their emails is the order ‘reference’, which is essentially resembles what you get if someone randomly splurges their hand across a keyboard.
I had assumed it was just some DOTW, but a nice shiny CE is always more exciting.

I do wonder if there is any logic or pattern to their order ‘references’. Or perhaps they have some setup where a rubber glove filled with jelly is dropped onto a pile of keyboards when payment goes through.

Just checked, and mine has shipped too.

It doesn’t really help that the only ‘info’ in their emails is the order ‘reference’, which is essentially resembles what you get if someone randomly splurges their hand across a keyboard.
I had assumed it was just some DOTW, but a nice shiny CE is always more exciting.

I do wonder if there is any logic or pattern to their order ‘references’. Or perhaps they have some setup where a rubber glove filled with jelly is dropped onto a pile of keyboards when payment goes through.
The order reference number is just completely random. I use the order ID number for order check ups, marking as shipped etc. Which coincidentally on the order invoice is known as order reference. For the record the order ID/reference that I'm referring to is 5 digits and starts with 0.

The order reference number is just completely random. I use the order ID number for order check ups, marking as shipped etc. Which coincidentally on the order invoice is known as order reference. For the record the order ID/reference that I'm referring to is 5 digits and starts with 0.
In other words; generated by (presumably software equivalent of) dropping a rubber glove full of jelly onto a pile of keyboards. 😬

FWIW; I’m not (really) complaining.
I mean, there might be a benefit in being able to derive something like the order date from the dispatch email, or have the ability to click through (rather than manually search for the letter sequence in the order history).
But there’s not much more value in other stores ‘more detailed’ emails either.

It‘s an evil plan, I tells ya. Get a dispatch email with a Gobbledygook code and you have to go to the website to see what you’re getting, and while you’re there, you spot another little something you want to buy. :p

Meanwhile, I didn't get a notification that mine had shipped, and was somewhat confused when it showed up today since I had forgotten I'd even ordered it months ago.

In other words; generated by (presumably software equivalent of) dropping a rubber glove full of jelly onto a pile of keyboards. 😬

FWIW; I’m not (really) complaining.
I mean, there might be a benefit in being able to derive something like the order date from the dispatch email, or have the ability to click through (rather than manually search for the letter sequence in the order history).
But there’s not much more value in other stores ‘more detailed’ emails either.
I think the main problem is that the order dispatch emails are effectively worthless as they don't include any information. They need to update their systems so their order dispatch email is properly templated with what is being sent.

Meanwhile, I didn't get a notification that mine had shipped, and was somewhat confused when it showed up today since I had forgotten I'd even ordered it months ago.
Your confirmation email may have gone into spam/junk. If it's a Gmail account you may need to mark our email as safe. Hardly any emails to Gmail accounts get through because of this for some reason.

I think the main problem is that the order dispatch emails are effectively worthless as they don't include any information. They need to update their systems so their order dispatch email is properly templated with what is being sent.
Duly noted, but as we only mark the order as shipped/completed once all items have shipped it would be a little confusing. But it's something we'll look into.

Duly noted, but as we only mark the order as shipped/completed once all items have shipped it would be a little confusing. But it's something we'll look into.
Would you consider using cardboard boxes like alltheanime do? Instead of jiffy bags? I dunno if it my postie but all mine seem to come with loose discs for some reason whereas never had a loose disc from alltheanime as they use cardboard

Back