UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

MVM's DOTW is My Girlfriend is Shobitch for £9.99.

I know this has a cut scene in an episode (don't remember what it was exactly but was a reasonable cut whatever it was) but wouldn't buy the UK release if you want it uncut.

I'd love a spare copy but wouldn't buy the UK version.
I thought the missing scene rather funny and wasn't offended at all.
Luckily I had assumed I'd enjoy the humour so had paid for the earlier USA release.
I think it's clear your experience isn't universal. When the cut was first announced I recall a few people here saying they were uncomfortable with the scene and understood the BBFC's stance on the issue.

Well let's not get into an debate over it.

I was more troubled over the 14 year old topless girl in Triage X that was passed by the BBFC than a mother imagining stuff.
Add Batman and Harley Quinn animated film.
It's obvious that Harley rapes Nightwing.

Last edited:
Guess I'll have to pick-up the Sentai Shobitch release then, nothing offends me. I had almost added it to one of my Rightstuf orders a few months ago; sounds like it's right down my alley... and I just got Triage X a few weeks ago too, lol. 😏

Yay, my Eva 3.0+1.11 steelbook is shipping now from AOL, so I should receive it in about 10-12 days. I actually triple-dipped for the steelbook, after already getting both the US Standard and 4K releases.

Back in 2018 MVM announced S2 + OVAs for Starmyu.
I guess after all this time one should assume that these are no longer planned?
I think the issue there is Crunchyroll has yet to release it on Blu-ray in the US. Umaru-chan Season 2 has faced a similar issue since Sentai took so long to release it stateside but with that done I expect MVM isn't too far off.

I think the issue there is Crunchyroll has yet to release it on Blu-ray in the US. Umaru-chan Season 2 has faced a similar issue since Sentai took so long to release it stateside but with that done I expect MVM isn't too far off.
Yes unfortunately it doesn't look like S2 of Starmyu will get released any time soon. It hasn't sold particularly well here, and I think it's the same for US hence them not even releasing.

Umaru-Chan S2 may happen next year, though if I recall we were actually given the license fee back due to taking so long to happen, so we may have to re-license again.

Back