UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

The most memorable thing that stood out for me in Aria the Animation was Episode 12, where they visited the old covered bridge. I really perked up when I saw that episode for the first time, because I actually drive my little Japanese Scion xB "anime car" through a bridge exactly like that every day on the way to and from work - the Schenck's Mill Bridge in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, which is less than 5 miles (8 km) from my house:

Aria Covered Bridge, Episode 12:
64e7274f.JPG

Schenck's Mill Covered Bridge, Lancaster County, PA:
78_big.jpg

Aria Covered Bridge, Inside:
aria_the_animation_12%5Bh264.vorbis%5D%5Bniizk%5D_May+23,+2012+10.09.42+PM.png

Schenck's Mill Bridge, Inside (sorry, no spooky cats!):
cGc.jpg

There are still 29 covered bridges remaining here in Lancaster County, and 209 within the state of Pennsylvania. Are there any bridges like this over in the UK at all?

Oh, and I wasn't joking about my little Japanese "anime car," here is a pic that shows that anime is one with my auto!:

ghibshrine1.jpg

Last edited:
Aww I rly wanted to see live action spooky cats 😢 :p

Thanks for sharing the photos, are those two larger decals on the back of your car window or lots of little ones? :)

They are all individual window decals - even the little paper spirits I placed around dragon Haku. The one thing I wasn't able to finish and bothers me a little bit is that I placed the decal for Ponyo on the left side higher up because I planned on putting a small Totoro next to the medium Totaro at the far left - but I couldn't find a Totoro decal the proper size, so now there's just a blank space there.

Speaking of spooky cats - if you were to drive through that bridge opening as seen above in the photo of the interior, make a right hand turn on the road just past the end of the bridge, and go less than a kilometer, you would come to a T intersection with a more heavily-traveled road named Spooky Nook Road - and the locals pronounce Spooky the same way as Nook, with a short "oo" sound, so they rhyme.

Last edited:
Ha! I'm wondering if they might do Kizumonogatari Film 2 for Halloween (as they already did the first one) - Hoping for either that or S2 of Is the Order a Rabbit :)

I'm hoping for Scum's Wish myself.

In all seriousness since the DOTW is later than normal I hope that MVM's staff are ok and haven't gotten ill or something :confused:
❤️

Probably injured his back packing and shipping all the Danmachi S3 CE yesterday. 😜

In all seriousness though, Tony's probably just forgotten, or is busy doing something else.

It will be the next time it appears in dotw.

For me personally, no amount of money would get me to buy that crap.
That doesn't seem very nice calling it crap. We like what we like and questioning someone's taste is never a friendly thing.
It's a funny show with toilet humour.
Funnier than calling a character Loli Big-Boobs.

Anyway I'm off to buy Bloom into You.
I've watched the trailer once and it's £9.99. That's how I make my decisions.
It'll sit nicely on my shelf next to Koede Oshigoto and Eiken.

Back