UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

We've got a few previous releases that were DVD only and long out of print that we're planning to re-release on Blu-Ray later in the year with the possibility of also doing them as Collector's Edition releases, as well as a few new licenses!
Thank you cant wait to find out what you got planned

We've got a few previous releases that were DVD only and long out of print that we're planning to re-release on Blu-Ray later in the year with the possibility of also doing them as Collector's Edition releases, as well as a few new licenses!

Hopefully Mayo Chiki and Outbreak Company. ;)

Last edited:
Like some people have mentioned, MVM collector sets are basically the same as Sentai's releases, just without any of the chintzy/novelty extras (coins, toys, wall clothes etc), and with slightly cheaper material quality. For example, their release of Flip Flappers didn't have the metallic lenticular finish on the box, while the art book was paperback instead of hardback. However, those are generally small sacrifices, given the difference in prices & the risks involved in international shipping, so unless you really, really want the very best perceived product, the UK sets are usually the best option.
I've picked up a few Sentai CE's in sales on right stuf, and honestly, they make them appear really nice in the promo images (something MVM could deff learn from...), but the actual extra items are really rather gimmicky once you open them.

Don't get me wrong, you'll have to prise my Kamisama Kiss series one CE from my cold, dead hands, glad I have it, but objectively the extras are not worth the price premium, and MVM has a good track record of bringing over the art books and even the soundtracks when available, by far the two most significant physical extras IMO.

Oh, nice!

I certainly would be quiet amenable to pre-ordering a Usagi/Bunny Drop CE, hint hint...

BTOOOM, Canaan, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Flowers of Evil, Heaven's Memo Pad, Infinite Stratos Season 1, Mysterious Girlfriend X, and Needless are good candidates since Sentai has re-released & re-authored them in the past 12 months.

I would like to own Outbreak Company, but the Blu-ray is quite old to which I am expecting Sentai to re-release it at some point.

The World God Only Knows, & Sunday Without God Blu-rays would be awesome.

Horizon On The Middle Of Nowhere Blu-rays were released by Manga years ago but it's discs had problems.

Coffin Princess Chaika S2+OVA we only got S1, & Kokoro Connect on blu-ray are others.

The World God Only Knows is a good shout! Already half BBFC'd just need to pay for the OVAs & s3.

Especially as the Sentai blus are long OOP and go for an arm and a leg!

I still hold a glimmer of hope someone will step up and risk the wrath of the BBFC by licensing To Love Ru 😂

The World God Only Knows is a good shout! Already half BBFC'd just need to pay for the OVAs & s3.

I still hold a glimmer of hope someone will step up and risk the wrath of the BBFC by licensing To Love Ru 😂
Yep £100+ on eBay. 😵‍💫

I've never watched that, i'll have to check it out. It looks like a good time from a quick google.

Itt'l be interesting to see which ones mvm end up picking. There's tonnes to choose from.

Valkyrie Drive Mermaid got banished to the shadow Realm, To Love Ru probably has no chance

Valkyrie Drive Mermaid got banished to the shadow Realm, To Love Ru probably has no chance
Yeah I've kind of given up hope on To Love Ru over here (I don't blame them to be fair) I've already picked up s1 & s2 but if in the 1% chance it did get a release I'd pick it up just to support!

How fun. I'm trying to order Vinland Saga but the AOL website is asking me to update my address. It seems that the phone number I supplied is now considered invalid by the system due to having a country code before the number...

Fyi for anyone looking to order off AOL they have changed their card payment providor and no longer use Worldpay. This should be welcome news for anyone who has had issues ordering using their card previously.

I'd ask about Arakawa Under the Bridge, but I suspect that was a title nobody cared about when it was released the first time around

Back