UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I know we all saw it coming, but man I hate that this is what the market has become
I think until AL/MVM can actually travel to Japan and license direct, for the foreseeable future we'll be lucky to see two maybe three releases a year from them that isn't over 4-5yrs old.
And they'll be actively competing with each other to license Sentai & Discotek titles.

I think (hope) eventually a deal will be made where a title Funi has decided not to release in this region will be sublicensed through them so they still get a slice but at the moment they're building their dominance...

Last edited:
tumblr_pwvu9qSiw71uxybkho8_400.gifv

Are the Heaven's Feel movies accessible to those who've never watched any Fate/* stuff before?

It's one of those series that feels a little intimidating to get into, considering how many releases there are and how convoluted it seems to be overall.

As others said, Heaven's Feel is probably the worst starting point given it skips over early content from UBW S1 in an intro AMV thing. At very least, you need to have watched S1 UBW. S2 best skipped cause it's shite, on-semi-related note. HF1 rather oddly spends an hour showing Sakura scenes since she was barely in the other anime routes. First film only feels like it gets started after that, so I recommend starting with UBW S1. Zero is a lot better than UBW bar the amount of waffle vs deaths in S1, though. One a novel adaptation, the other a smut novel, and difference in writing shows. I'd say it only spoils thing most would see as minor with fanservice and cameos. But, eh: I've always been a more casual anime-onry viewer.

I went DEEN Saber route 4/10 > DEEN 5/10 UBW movie > Zero > UBW > Heaven Feel. Mainly cause that the order they released.

PS: Anyone that refers to Saber as 'Seiba' is a filthy mongrel. This is an English message board, have some class. You aren't appealing to your Japanese masters 'ere.

Last edited:
PS: Anyone that refers to Saber as 'Seiba' is a filthy mongrel. This is an English message board, have some class. You aren't appealing to your Japanese masters 'ere
Spoiler that bit. While it might be generally known, some might have missed it and it's one of the mysteries I referred to earlier.

EDIT: Changed the post so not an issue anymore!

Last edited:
Spoiler that bit. While it might be generally known, some might have missed it and it's one of the mysteries I referred to earlier.
Since you asked so nicely. I'm nothing if not agreeable.

'Tis one of the things I'd view as a minor reveal, but only fair let others find out for self. Saber I always found too absurd. I'm a Rin waifuer, after all.

Doh! Only watched Zero as the good doctor said it might be needed when watching El-Melloi. Part 1 was a bit too wordy, but part 2 upped the action and was pretty good. Didn't get hooked enough to jump straight into the other parts.
Probably been long enough for me to forget stuff.
This conversation probably needs its own thread now.

That would have been the correct move at any rate. Otherwise you'd watch a lot of El-Melloi wondering about half the stuff shown.

Everyone knows best Seiba is Bedivere anyway :p
Camelot movie when?

Aniplex is releasing it in the US exactly 4 weeks from today, on 14 December, got my copy pre-ordered... so hopefully the UK release shouldn't be too far behind.

As said above, yeah we may be in for a wait. Best to import this one. I already have the JP version for this on the chance it hadn't gotten more than a standard US release, and in case I can't get a UK one I'll be getting this. May end up with a few versions but for this story, I'm too invested in it.

As said above, yeah we may be in for a wait. Best to import this one. I already have the JP version for this on the chance it hadn't gotten more than a standard US release, and in case I can't get a UK one I'll be getting this. May end up with a few versions but for this story, I'm too invested in it.
Yes same, the camelot story is one of the best Fate stories ever (imo, seriously the revelation that comes at the end made me shout WHAAAAAAAA irl lol) I will be importing the AoA release but sad that we won't have part 2 for a while anyway.

Yes same, the camelot story is one of the best Fate stories ever (imo, seriously the revelation that comes at the end made me shout WHAAAAAAAA irl lol) I will be importing the AoA release but sad that we won't have part 2 for a while anyway.

Yeah, I agree. That's the story that sold me on Grand Order, and no matter how much I like the others this story still stands out so much to me because of that. It is a shame it'll take a while but because they got part 1, it's basically a sure thing to get part 2 in my eyes. Hopefully it'll show up a few months later at the latest.

did MVM ever mention why Rosario is in stock on amazon but not available directly from them yet?
Stock was finalised but something popped up at the last minute that had to put the stock on hold, unfortunately some had already shipped out. We're just waiting on this one little thing to be finalised and stock will finally be available to ship. 🤞

Anyone else's Aria the Animation disc 1 spinning really loudly? It's kinda annoying, I don't think it's my player since every other disc is ok. If you have an LG 4K player and this show please check it out.

EDIT: not sure why but it stopped, no other disc was making a noise so I was a little concerned.

Back