UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Aniplex seem a very unreasonable bunch to negotiate with. I recall they also forced MVM to increase the price of the 8 movie set mid-preorder, though I was lucky and got an order in before the price hike.
I mean we're all assuming they're being protective of their licence for the last movie but their release of that is long out of print, we've reached a point where we just assume nonsensical reasoning because there is not a single reasonable explanation in sight lol

Niea 7 only got a SD-on-BD release. Forget when came out vs Haibane but if they're equally as underwhelming, wouldn't be much point upgrading. Only ever watched once so was considering it, but I hadn't considered it being one of those cel-digi switchover era shows. That and couldn't be arsed to reatch Niea 7.
Actually Discotek Media did their own upscale for Niea_7 if I remember correctly.

Since MVM has licensed GochiUsa and Aria, I am hoping they will also license Uma Musume. Interesting how it hasn't been licensed despite being popular.

Btw, can't help but wonder why MVM licensed all the seasons of GochiUsa at once but didn't do the same with Aria.

Btw, can't help but wonder why MVM licensed all the seasons of GochiUsa at once but didn't do the same with Aria.
Aria is an older series, the first 2 seasons are in 4:3 rather than widescreen, and the 2nd season in particular is 26 rather than 13 episodes long, unlike the 1st and 3rd seasons, so the US has that split over 2 releases, which is something MVM (to their credit IMO) don't seem fond of doing, but might not have a choice.

If season 2 is more expensive to license on account of the episode count, which seems likely, they would either have to have a single release at a higher price than the first season, or do the same as the US and spread it over 2 releases, both of which could put people off picking it up, so I really can't blame MVM for being a little more cautious with this title than they were with Is the Order a Rabbit?.

A part of me was kind of hoping that AL would bring the series over, partly because the released Amanchu (still holding out hope for a season 2 release of that too, dag namit!), not so much because I'd want a CE for each release, but I would've loved just an outer box to hold the ama-rays.

Since MVM has licensed GochiUsa and Aria, I am hoping they will also license Uma Musume. Interesting how it hasn't been licensed despite being popular.
Quite intrigued to know what connects the three series in terms of licensing.

That aside, Uma Musume doesn't have an American release yet so I doubt we'll see anything from MVM.

Quite intrigued to know what connects the three series in terms of licensing.
MVM just seems to specialize in Cute Girls Doing Things anime/genre or at least they have licensed a lot of shows like that so that's why they are most likely to license it - at least in my eyes.

Aaa it doesn't have USA release either, didn't know that, that explains it.

Amazon UK have relisted Bakemonogatari Black BR for £17.28 although it is "Temporarily out of stock"
this BR has been out of print for quite a while now and sells for a lot more secondhand
so I guess my question is: is this just a glitch in their system, could they have found a pallet of them somewhere, a reprint, or what?
(and yes this is the only one I'm missing from the series!)

Amazon UK have relisted Bakemonogatari Black BR for £17.28 although it is "Temporarily out of stock"
this BR has been out of print for quite a while now and sells for a lot more secondhand
so I guess my question is: is this just a glitch in their system, could they have found a pallet of them somewhere, a reprint, or what?
(and yes this is the only one I'm missing from the series!)

Funny enough I was also looking around for Neko Black so I'm hoping they do restock in that one at some point

No news on getting this reprinted yet - we have enquired several times into it and would most likely be like the Jap release (Neko Black & Nise together).

In regards to this, some stock was found hidden away in the warehouse, became active again and Amazon managed to get it. Was only about 20 units I think, so was definitely just a one off sorry!

No news on getting this reprinted yet - we have enquired several times into it and would most likely be like the Jap release (Neko Black & Nise together).

In regards to this, some stock was found hidden away in the warehouse, became active again and Amazon managed to get it. Was only about 20 units I think, so was definitely just a one off sorry!

thanks for letting me know, guess my order will get cancelled at some point.
and if you ever find some other copies lying around the warehouse I'd be very interested ;)

Seeing as the BBFC hasn't been clear lately on their website regarding whether or not a title was passed uncut, as evident with their Shobitch listing, which was given an 18 with cuts, I now wonder if the following two 18 rated titles were passed uncut (Domestic Girlfriend and O Maidens In Your Savage Season, both releases of which I have), seeing as the BBFC website doesn't have much detail regarding the two.

Seeing as the BBFC hasn't been clear lately on their website regarding whether or not a title was passed uncut, as evident with their Shobitch listing, which was given an 18 with cuts, I now wonder if the following two 18 rated titles were passed uncut (Domestic Girlfriend and O Maidens In Your Savage Season, both releases of which I have), seeing as the BBFC website doesn't have much detail regarding the two.
Simple way is to check the episode runtimes. They all tend to last the same length within a second or two. A cut will become obvious that way, although final episodes and OVAs tend to be shorter without a next episode preview.

Thanks, although Domestic Girlfriend would be a bit more difficult due to it having extended scenes in some episodes.
i think the extended scenes are there, i don't remember seeing any nipples when i watched the show originally and the blu-ray had a bunch of that stuff, i think domokano probably wasn't affected since they're all college students

I've quickly tested both Domestic Girlfriend and O Maidens In Your Savage Season Blu-ray sets, and compared runtimes of all episodes to the home video streams on HiDive, and can confirm that both shows are uncut.

Back