UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

with MVM usually getting Sentai tiitles i'd be pretty happy if they're able to get Iroduku: The World in Colors

Release the Spyce would be nice too since i own the soundtrack for that

with MVM usually getting Sentai tiitles i'd be pretty happy if they're able to get Iroduku: The World in Colors

Release the Spyce would be nice too since i own the soundtrack for that
I'm also enjoying Release the Spyce. Would go pretty well with fellow spy series Princess Principal

I mean I love Haibane Renmei but that show is a classic example of a digipaint title, being produced right at the worst possible point of the transfer from cell to digital. I'm not sure there is a way to make that show look impressive on a blu ray, which was definitely the case when it was released on bd in Japan 6-7 years back. Has a new transfer somehow been attempted or is just the same master?

That Haibane artwork on the twitter page - looks familiar... :)

haibane1.jpg

haibane2.jpg

I wonder if that will be the same image AL uses on their CE box... 🤔

yeah, I know the Blu-ray for this series will be a mess, and I assume it will be the same JP master, but I'll still import a copy of the AL CE, rather than get the barebones US amaray that is shown without even a slipcover. I just now pre-ordered it from AOL.

Last edited:
That Haibane artwork on the twitter page - looks familiar... :)

haibane1.jpg

haibane2.jpg

I wonder if that will be the same image AL uses on their CE box... 🤔

yeah, I know the Blu-ray for this series will be a mess, and I assume it will be the same JP master, but I'll still import a copy of the AL CE, rather than get the barebones US amaray that is shown without even a slipcover. I just now pre-ordered it from AOL.
I love that artwork, if the new boxset was confirmed to look like that then I would definitely get it, blu ray issues be damned! Thanks for sharing from your collection. Surely you & @Denny Fisher have the most comprehensive collections heh.

I'm still confused why they never released this again. As you said, it's OOP and never had a UK release despite the others getting re-released as blu-ray. Why skip this?
I dont think they skipped it. They got the license for the 8 movies, which is what aniplex released. And the last film is a seperate license. MVM have confirmed that theyve been asking about it, so i dont think they are deliberately skipping it.

I dont think they skipped it. They got the license for the 8 movies, which is what aniplex released. And the last film is a seperate license. MVM have confirmed that theyve been asking about it, so i dont think they are deliberately skipping it.
Ah, gotcha. I do remember seeing it had a separate release in the US, so it is surprising it never got one later here. But then we've seen how difficult some licences can be to get a hold of so I imagine Aniplex is gripping it extremely tightly here.

Ah, gotcha. I do remember seeing it had a separate release in the US, so it is surprising it never got one later here. But then we've seen how difficult some licences can be to get a hold of so I imagine Aniplex is gripping it extremely tightly here.
Aniplex seem a very unreasonable bunch to negotiate with. I recall they also forced MVM to increase the price of the 8 movie set mid-preorder, though I was lucky and got an order in before the price hike.

Back