UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Guess Heaven was a victim of poor timing :(
It was / is an unfortunate situation I think. Because they were so far behind the US release (about 5 years!)
Everyone who wanted it had imported s1 as it was multi region BUT s2 was region locked so I'd think wasn't imported as much but obviously MVM couldn't just jump to s2.
So we'll never be complete or just hope someone else takes a chance on it 🤷‍♂️

Opened my Real Girl CE earlier today and noticed the blu-ray case is one of the newer blu-ray cases everyone else seems to be using now so i guess either the supplier ran out of elite/amaray cases because of the pandemic or they switched to these flimsier cases, one of the discs had popped out of the tray but luckily it was fine

Also started watching Yuuna this week and noticed something weird that the discs are labeled as Vol 1 and Vol 2 instead of Disc 1 and Disc 2 which i thought was a bit weird, kinda hope with this release it means MVM will be able to release more stuff that isn't on blu-ray outside of Japan in English, wouldn't mind them trying for some of these, Asobi Asobase, Are We Lost, Grand Blue Dreaming, Happy Sugar Life, Magical Sen(m)pai, and Re;Creators since they all seem to be locked under Crunchy or Amazon

Opened my Real Girl CE earlier today and noticed the blu-ray case is one of the newer blu-ray cases everyone else seems to be using now so i guess either the supplier ran out of elite/amaray cases because of the pandemic or they switched to these flimsier cases, one of the discs had popped out of the tray but luckily it was fine

Also started watching Yuuna this week and noticed something weird that the discs are labeled as Vol 1 and Vol 2 instead of Disc 1 and Disc 2 which i thought was a bit weird, kinda hope with this release it means MVM will be able to release more stuff that isn't on blu-ray outside of Japan in English, wouldn't mind them trying for some of these, Asobi Asobase, Are We Lost, Grand Blue Dreaming, Happy Sugar Life, Magical Sen(m)pai, and Re;Creators since they all seem to be locked under Crunchy or Amazon
Personally love the manga of Grand Blue Dreaming. It was a title I enquired with Tony about, but as it's Amazon/streaming only it's more difficult to sort out.

Just out of curiosity, regarding Bunny Girl Senpai, how well has the sales been overall (both Collector's and Standard Editions)?

And should you release Dreaming Girl at any point (if Aniplex doesn't get in the way), would the sales warrant a possible Collector's Edition?
Both have done pretty well sales wise. We have enquired into Dreaming Girl but no further news regarding it.

Personally love the manga of Grand Blue Dreaming. It was a title I enquired with Tony about, but as it's Amazon/streaming only it's more difficult to sort out.
Sentai have slowly be licensing the anime that were part of the Animeism programming block (which Grand Blue is one of those shows), and thus I can see the series being licensed sooner than later by Sentai which MVM would then be able to acquire.

Animeism list for those curious:
  1. Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
  2. Altair: A Record of Battles
  3. Yuki Yuna is a Hero: Washio Sumi Chapter and Hero Chapter
  4. Beatless
  5. Killing Bites
    • Sentai & MVM licensed
  6. Magical Girl Site
    • Sentai licensed
  7. Happy Sugar Life
  8. Grand Blue Dreaming
  9. Boarding School Juliet
  10. IRODUKU: The World in Colors
From Domestic Girlfriend & Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka onwards (aka 2019), the Amazon exclusivity ended outside Japan.

Back