UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

MVM confirmed on twitter that it'll only be the one disc in their release of Is the Order a Rabbit? season 1, so yeah, same as Sentai's.

Oh well, no point in ordering that when I already picked up the Sentai ones for silly cheap in a RightStuf sale, I'll at least pick up their season 3 release though.

I do appreciate MVM confirming this, at least.

Hey, I just received Paranoia Agent, and noticed it's interlaced, 1080i rather than 1080p.

Not exactly a deal breaker or anything, but I don't think I've seen it brought up here so thought it'd be worth mentioning, if anyone else is interested.
Looks like the same for the US release, so probably no surprise for some, I don't know though.

Hey, I just received Paranoia Agent, and noticed it's interlaced, 1080i rather than 1080p.

Not exactly a deal breaker or anything, but I don't think I've seen it brought up here so thought it'd be worth mentioning, if anyone else is interested.
Looks like the same for the US release, so probably no surprise for some, I don't know though.

Subtitles are unlocked though.

I believe the Japanese release was presented as 1080i especially considering the show is an upscale. There's nothing wrong with 1080i, it just depends on how it's handled. Cowboy Bebop and Eureka Seven are 1080i titles also.

Damn that's a hefty discount on Danmachi s2! Guessing it didn't sell too well....
I'll pick it up at that price but will most likely trade in when the standard FINALLY arrives (really not a fan of the CE format for this one)
It might be just the DVD version.
Exluding shounen's like MHA, DBZ and FT not many people bothering with DVDs in 2021 LOL

People are waiting for the standard Blu-Ray verison of the show such as myself.

The most interesting thing is that I guess these would use the AoA discs like Kizu just without CE packaging.

The opposite of their second season boxset which copied that packaging but still used the Madman discs iirc.
I do hope that's the case 😟 Because the Madman/MVM discs tend to be a real letdown or just feel somewhat flat.

Now the Kizu BDs main menu are a real eye drool to look at and really provides the "premium package" for the price paid. Well, at least from my perspective.

Back