UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

i hope the OVA that was bundled with the manga in Japan comes with Yuuna, i'll probably end up getting a CE for The Girl in Twilight, i'll probably end up getting Domestic Girlfriend for the blu-ray "scenes" too

Solid list of shows. Revue Starlight is the only one I'm personally interested in, but there seems like there'll be some popular choices amongst the wider fandom.

It is a shame there's still no news over whether Hakumei & Mikochi will see a UK release. It might be a slightly niche but it's definitely one of the best iyashikei shows of recent years.

Also it causes me physical pain to see those BD copies of From the New World selling for £2. In a just world they would be among the top sellers of the decade

I'm pretty happy with these 10 license overall got a lot of stuff i'll pick up at some point. Wasn't Grancest War and Starmyu not announced a couple months back already though?

I'm pretty happy with these 10 license overall got a lot of stuff i'll pick up at some point. Wasn't Grancest War and Starmyu not announced a couple months back already though?
Yeah they were, also worth pointing out they have Eromanga as well. They have a really solid lineup for the next 12 months

Listing what I want from these MCM announcements, will add the pre MCM stuff that was supposed to be for today as well to be fair, but not listing stuff we already knew about.

Locks

Bunny Girl
Anohana
Starlight
Eromanga Sensei
Garden Of Sinners Blu-ray
Chivalry of a Failed Knight

Maybe

Yuuna
Fate/Apocrypha

Unlikely but possible

Domestic Girlfriend
Asura Cryin'

Not interested at all

Mysteria friends
The Girl in Twilight
Dai-Shogun
Devils and Realists

MVM getting a lot of my money on the upcoming months.

Bunny Girl Senpai and Revue Starlight is a good surprise! I would be excited for Anohana if I didn't already have the AU/US sets but I may consider if they do a CE.

Again MVM are absolutely killing it this year with all these licenses and releases. While AL have been asleep for Q1 and Manga is doing just fine MVM have secured some really great shows.

Still hoping they license Bloom Into You sometime. Definitely one of my top five 2018 series.

Interesting, the whole list is on my get list (on various levels of priotity), except Ano Hana. I kind of dislike it very much. I do like a lot of the little things, which feel like very personal revelations, but obnoxious Menma, loud teenie angst drama and the whole nakige-ish tearjerker parts are like an overdose of salt in an otherwise tasty soup.
Revue is especially nice, had it on my radar for a while now.

Also it causes me physical pain to see those BD copies of From the New World selling for £2. In a just world they would be among the top sellers of the decade
Granted, that's just part 2 on that image, which doesn't play on some players.
The whole p1-2 set was already going for 5 at chrismas, if I remember right. I'm past the physical pain, I had that assault, when I learned that sales for it were so bad, that investigating and fixing that not playing on some players issue wouldn't be warranted, that was when I bought it closer to release at some 54GBP. At least it seems to be doing a bit better for sentai, as it got a complete collection re-release. (Still surprised it got a dub in the first place.)

The Crimson Labyrinth (a novel from the same author of From the New World) probably also didn't too well for Vertical. (At least nothing else ever came out from the author again.) They had showed some interest in releasing the novel, but it never really came about. (Instead they released the Manga, which is, uh, half a hentai, while baffingly still more or less maintaining the plotline's key plot points, all the while of adding a new character.)

Back