UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Anyone who gets Fate HF from MVM who have a BD drive able to take some screencaps of different types of scenes (light scene, dark scene, etc) so people can see what the PQ is like. I saw a myreviewer thing, but the pictures were jpegs so its kinda hard to tell whats JPEG compression, and whats on the source

Girls' Last Tour Collection - Collector's Edition arrived today :)

Also got my order in for Kizu 3.

There's been no news on Koyomimonogatari and Owarimonogatari II right?

My Girls Last Tour set arrived today, it's an excellent set. Keep up the good work MVM. Looking forward to see what they have at MCM

My copy of Girls Last Tour also arrived today. Another damn good set with some cool extras. Here are a few pics.

The chipboard case in particular looks great, while having the amaray cover be reversible is another cool touch.

1.jpg2.jpg

Here's a few more pictures of the booklet and the storyboard for the first episode.

4.jpg3.jpg

While I'm here, here's some snaps of the Made in Abyss collectors that MVM kindly replaced after the original vanished in the post.

5.jpg6.jpg

The release, while still solid, is definitely more of a mixed bag compared to some of the other recent sets I've picked up (GLT, Princess Principal, Flip Flappers, etc). On one hand, seeing the case in person definitely makes the decision to use that particular art on the back and spine make far more sense, but the heightened green does clash with the more natural hues of the cover art. Plus, there's the unfortunate coincidence that the colour is basically the exact same as the 'Save' sleeves Funi used to put out. It's not a massive issue for me personally, but there are clearly potentially nicer artwork available that would have also avoided having the plot description/rating on the back, which should be an automatic NO for any collector's set. That should have been put on the amaray instead on the episode listing. It's such a bizarre and unwelcome choice.

7.jpg

Next up are the art cards, which are frankly buck wild. I like them a lot, but most are obviously cross-promotional pieces for other titles (presumably from Web Comic Gamma, where MiA is originally published,) of which I have zero knowledge. Some additional notes namedropping these titles would have been welcome, but I suspect that Sentai probably wasn't even given that info in their release.

D5qWQgRXsAA1NPV.jpgD5qWQgQW0AEIh3V.jpgD5qWQgKXsAAuJfN.jpgD5qWQgdWwAASz0G.jpgD5qWcVbW4AEb4kD.jpg

The only really disappointing part of the release is the booklet. The written content itself is perfectly fine, but for whatever reason all the images (both artwork and screencaps) are oddly blurry and pixelated, like they've been saved at too low a resolution. I'm not sure if this is how Sentai's version was, or if this was either a problem from transferring the assets or during the printing process, but it's a little underwhelming, especially compared to other stellar booklets like the one for Flip Flappers. It's acceptable enough for a summary booklet, but if this was an art book it would be completely subpar.

Gripes aside, it's still solid enough, if not as spectacular as other recent output.

Those are some great photos of the sets @fathomlessblue. Out of curiosity could you provide photos of the Made In Abyss inside case like what you have done with Girls' Last Tour, and if you do own it any photos of Princess Principal?

Heyo, if you're referring to the amaray case, here's what the disks and reversible sleeve look like.

D5qk3eBWkAUAEmf.jpgD5qk3d1W0AExGkb.jpg

As for Princess Principal, I do own it & posted a single photo of the contents back on page 104. If want more detailed images of the amaray, booklets, art cards, etc, just let me know I'll happily post some more. It's just have be sometime tomorrow when there's better light and I'm not in a rush to head out ;)

Heyo, if you're referring to the amaray case, here's what the disks and reversible sleeve look like.

View attachment 8255View attachment 8256

As for Princess Principal, I do own it & posted a single photo of the contents back on page 104. If want more detailed images of the amaray, booklets, art cards, etc, just let me know I'll happily post some more. It's just have be sometime tomorrow when there's better light and I'm not in a rush to head out ;)
Haha thanks. I think with Princess Prinicipal I'm more curious about the inside contents of the amaray case like what you've done just there. But I'll have a quick look through the photos on page 104.

I love the sparse design of the box art for the Girl’s Last Tour LE set. I’m looking forward to giving the booklets a proper read when I watch the series.

Haha thanks. I think with Princess Prinicipal I'm more curious about the inside contents of the amaray case like what you've done just there. But I'll have a quick look through the photos on page 104.

If it's just the amaray pics you need, here you are: ^^

D5qqviZWwAIJGHs.jpgD5qqvicWkAEJEta.jpg

If you need a look at the booklets or card arts, give me a shout and I'll posted them tomorrow afternoon. Hope that helps.

Back