UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Both Made in Abyss and Land of the Lustrous have also been dispatched for me. :)

I'm especially looking forward to Lustrous, considering it's probably my favourite show of the last 10-15 years. It's a shame the western releases weren't able to include any of the production extras found in the first-run JP blu rays, but I did manage to import both the anime and manga art books, so I'm mostly set.

Out of curiosity, did everyone else's copies of Made in Abyss show up ok? I received the dispatch notice on Monday but there's been no trace yet, which is odd considering most MVM disks tend to appear within 24-48 hours of being sent. By contrast Land of the Lustrous shipped on Tuesday & arrived on Wed. I'm just wondering if the sets might have been posted from another address or if this is just yet another Royal Mail snafu in the making.

Out of curiosity, did everyone else's copies of Made in Abyss show up ok? I received the dispatch notice on Monday but there's been no trace yet, which is odd considering most MVM disks tend to appear within 24-48 hours of being sent. By contrast Land of the Lustrous shipped on Tuesday & arrived on Wed. I'm just wondering if the sets might have been posted from another address or if this is just yet another Royal Mail snafu in the making.
Mine turned up on Tuesday just fine, yes.

Mine turned up on Tuesday just fine, yes.

I figured as much. Hopefully it's just been delayed somewhere, otherwise I'll have to enquire further if it hasn't arrived by next week. Since January it seems like a good third of my packages sent via royal mail have vanished in transit, whether they were tracked or not. I can't tell if RM have replaced half their sorting devices with chipboard machines or if my branch is run by a local thieves guild.

I figured as much. Hopefully it's just been delayed somewhere, otherwise I'll have to enquire further if it hasn't arrived by next week. Since January it seems like a good third of my packages sent via royal mail have vanished in transit, whether they were tracked or not. I can't tell if RM have replaced half their sorting devices with chipboard machines or if my branch is run by a local thieves guild.

That's definitely a bit worrying with RM :/ Always a good idea to check with your local sorting office in case there's anything outstanding for you. You'd be amazed how often RM don't leave a "while you were out" card and gets sent back to us 2 months later.

That's definitely a bit worrying with RM :/ Always a good idea to check with your local sorting office in case there's anything outstanding for you. You'd be amazed how often RM don't leave a "while you were out" card and gets sent back to us 2 months later.

Thanks for the reply. I did ring my local office a few times this morning (no reply) and will try and visit them on Monday. I'm not expecting much though; I was actually at home all last week to see the post delivered, so I know there wasn't an attempt to contact me. Plus packages are nearly always left with an elderly neighbour, which hasn't happened this time. I'm still holding out hope on a delay or that it's been left at the depo by mistake, but I guess we'll see. :confused:

Thanks for the reply. I did ring my local office a few times this morning (no reply) and will try and visit them on Monday. I'm not expecting much though; I was actually at home all last week to see the post delivered, so I know there wasn't an attempt to contact me. Plus packages are nearly always left with an elderly neighbour, which hasn't happened this time. I'm still holding out hope on a delay or that it's been left at the depo by mistake, but I guess we'll see. :confused:

Well if you've not received anything by Wednesday let us know and we'll get another copy sent out tracked. Send us an email at [email protected]

Well if you've not received anything by Wednesday let us know and we'll get another copy sent out tracked. Send us an email at [email protected]

Awesome. I'll definitely find time to visit my local sorting office at some point during the week (they seem oddly adverse to answering their phones), but if there's no news and Wednesday passes, I'll contact your email address. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond, so thanks again :)

I think they already confirmed on twitter there would be an Easter sale

I posted a tease this morning - keep an eye out Thursday morning on our social media!
Btw, while I'm here, are there any plans for Easter offers, etc. on the site? There's definitely several titles I've yet to pre-order yet ^^

With MVM... (Well, Anime-on-Line), I wouldn't mind getting the DOTW but have no money until Friday

Do we know if they will be updating the DOTW tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday as its Bank Holiday

With MVM... (Well, Anime-on-Line), I wouldn't mind getting the DOTW but have no money until Friday

Do we know if they will be updating the DOTW tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday as its Bank Holiday

The Easter sale is up now and the DOTW is included. No word on when the DOTW is changing though. The code is EASTER2019

I might use this as a chance to check out the monogatari series.

I really like monogatari though I feel it could've really benefited from an English dub. The show can be very dialogue heavy and has some weird, unique visuals to go with it.

Also the fan service tones down a lot after the Nise arc and the show focusses on character driven story which massively improved the show. (Not that I have a problem with fan service but it does get a bit creepy at times in the Nise arc.)

It's a pretty weird ride but worth it in my opinion.

Just saw the 20% off code, might be time to pre-order Girls Last Tour and possibly pick up Made in Abyss too.

Back