UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I mean technically if we wait everything goes down in price, sooner or later.

I get the video games I want the most as soon as I can, and most drop in price within 1 month.

My policy is not thinking too much about it, If I really want a show and it dropped price within a couple months I will just think I supported the makers.

--------------

Nothing for me today, I don't even have to think twice this time. Drifters is not my kind of show, Seraph and Arslan were ok for a 1 time watch, no intention of ever rewatching them.

Anime is very highly priced compare to other blu rays I buy and most of the time if I miss ALs EB I’m stuck as I refuse to pay more than that price so still waiting for Hyouka 2, AssClass s2 part 2. MVM rarely discounts and Drifters is Universal not even MVM. But with ALs new policy of better SE sets than CEs. And MVM dropping everything I bought from them this year. Seems I’m only buying from manga next year and US. And MVM is dropping stuff like 2 months old at least AL has that April cut off.

Anime is very highly priced compare to other blu rays I buy and most of the time if I miss ALs EB I’m stuck as I refuse to pay more than that price so still waiting for Hyouka 2, AssClass s2 part 2. MVM rarely discounts and Drifters is Universal not even MVM. But with ALs new policy of better SE sets than CEs. And MVM dropping everything I bought from them this year. Seems I’m only buying from manga next year and US. And MVM is dropping stuff like 2 months old at least AL has that April cut off.

I get your a bit salty but we've all been here, you buy something one month an its discounted the next, it's the risk you take. Not just with anime. Also Universal sets have a habit of dropping in price over time, maybe the lesson is to not but everything the second its released

Bar American sets which I’m slowly preferring anyway. I feel the Magus CE may well out so will get that at release and the UCE of G Gundam. As even if reduced the sales never make it much cheaper for me in UK.

It's far from a UK problem.

Even yesterday I could have grabbed MMO junkie from like 30 dollars, when it came out in October for over 60. Just felt it would go down even further, and I can wait as I watched it like 3 months ago.

Wait, Universal are still releasing anime? And it’s still going down to a fraction of RRP within a couple of months I see. Hmm. Was this some sort of last ditch attempt or is this actually their business model?

Why would you get rid of your part 1s?
Because getting those was kind of a mistake, as I already had the US versions. (Of which Arslan is to go out as well. Seraph I have yet to watch.) And because I don't like the box packaging all that much. (Not really dust safe since it's open on top and not on the side.)

Because getting those was kind of a mistake, as I already had the US versions. (Of which Arslan is to go out as well. Seraph I have yet to watch.) And because I don't like the box packaging all that much. (Not really dust safe since it's open on top and not on the side.)
I used those steelbook protectors to prevent dust from getting in but yeah I hate toploading sets. They’re just a bad design in general.

Back