UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Heads up that Sentai have announced their upcoming releases of Girls Land Tour in both standard & premium editions for January 29th, & Land of the Lustrous in a steelbook edition for January 22nd.

Girls-Last-Tour_816726022727_00_00_1012x1080_1f654c52-6ccf-479f-b1f9-07885a7d3114_grande@3x.pngGirls-Last-Tour_816726022826_00_00_1012x1080_df9754c7-3d23-401a-b2db-0080c20da2e3_grande@3x.pngLand-of-the-Lustrous_816726023625_00_00_1012x1080_e84c2769-6323-4153-8524-a7f309ca9266_grande@3x.png

I'm super happy those releases finally have a date, although it's disappointing that Sentai doesn't appear to be able to get any extras for Lustrous, and are throwing it out on a steelbook (that costs $10 more than their standard releases) in a bid to make it stand out. Honestly, I'd pay the extra just to have it in a standard amaray. Definitely my own personal preference here, but I hope MVM doesn't go down this route and opts for standard casing.

Last edited:
Sentai's description of Land of the Lustrous is rather confusing since they are worded slightly different in a way that one follows the author's intention of keeping the gems' gender ambiguous while the other one just doesn't.
hnkblog.PNG
hnkproduct.PNG
Hopefully the series uses HiDive's translation since that was accurate through the whole series.

Plus Sentai threw in the Spanish dub for who knows why... useless. (I'm okay with Spanish subs being thrown in- subtitle files take up almost nothing- but another lossless stereo track? Waste of space)

[Quote of deleted post removed –Teapot]

Back on the much better topic I found several other articles done by Sentai which follow the author's intent so I'm guessing that one description was simply a one off mistake from someone who simply didn't have the context to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't MVM also have made in abyss or am I confusing things?

Yeah, MVM reaped the benefits of Sentai's short-lived partnership with Anime Strike, meaning they have the licenses to some of 2017 biggest shows. As such, they'll possibly be able to release collector sets of the likes of Made in Abyss, Princess Principal & Girls Last Tour - likely in the style of their Flip Flappers set, which has similar extras to the US version but with slightly less extravagant materials and packaging (which considering the huge novelty designs many come in, is as much of plus as it is a minus). Judging by early comments from Sentai it was presumed Land of the Lustrous would also be getting a similar treatment, but obviously they weren't able to get access to the assets to make that work.

Is there any news on the Monogatari front?

I had a look at my Amazon order history and it's been 18 months since I ordered Owarimonogatari Part 2 (the last release). I'd really rather have a complete MVM Monogatari collection but if this is not happening I'm just going to order the US version, and I'm honestly getting tired of waiting.

What is everyone else doing?

I had a look at my Amazon order history and it's been 18 months since I ordered Owarimonogatari Part 2 (the last release). I'd really rather have a complete MVM Monogatari collection but if this is not happening I'm just going to order the US version, and I'm honestly getting tired of waiting.

Its MCM at the end of the month so im hoping we hear some news then. Its very much reliant on when its out in Aus though

It will happen - we've said many a time if its Monogatari related, we'll be after it. We've been in touch with Aniplex regarding about future releases after Owari part 2 and we're just waiting on a reply back. Responses are very slow going sadly so there isn't much we can do except wait for a reply back. But fret not, we haven't forgotten or abandoned the Mono license.

It will happen - we've said many a time if its Monogatari related, we'll be after it. We've been in touch with Aniplex regarding about future releases after Owari part 2 and we're just waiting on a reply back. Responses are very slow going sadly so there isn't much we can do except wait for a reply back. But fret not, we haven't forgotten or abandoned the Mono license.

Thanks for the reply, that's all I needed to hear :)

Back