UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Re: [UK Anime Distributor] MVM Entertainment Discussion Thre

Amazon have changed the Garden of Sinners release to December 22nd, is there another delay?

Production on Garden of Sinners is finished and being packaged today. We're hoping to receive stock ourselves Monday/Tuesday and everywhere else will most likely follow. We'll be getting these, along with Michiko & Hatchin Part 1 shipped asap for everyone who's ordered direct from us. Most likely customers will receive their copy near the end of the week.

We'll be posting on FB/Twitter when stock is physically in too.

Amazon just sent me an email that Garden of Sinners has been pushed back to December 27-30th. Hopefully they got it wrong. :(

Does anyone know if Watamote is on track too? Ive had it on preorder from anime-on-line for a while and normally get things quite early direct, but I've heard nothing about Watamote at all.

Got this yesterday for Watamote on Bluray:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Watamote Collection [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: December 27 2014 - December 30 2014

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery.

If the order won't arrive by the time you need it, you can cancel the order or an individual item from your order by visiting Your Account, and viewing the order details. As long as the item hasn't entered the dispatch process, you'll be able to cancel it.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Release date is showing as 22/12/2014 on my order.

Thanks for the update MVM!

Hopefully it is here for Christmas as it's what my partner is buying me as a present!

Currently having a debate if the Machiko and Hatchin part is considered a present too (or I can have it straight away) as it's technically free! :)

Thanks for the info on Watamote, looks like it will end up in my post box while I'm away then unfortunately.

I dunno the difference but from watching I remember some episodes lasted like 40 minutes. The first and last ones I think.

By extended I meant the extra scenes they put into the japanese blu rays and updated animation. I imagine it would be but I can't be sure.

black1blade said:
Is fate/zero is extended version from the japanese blu rays or is it the tv version?
When a company licenses an anime series the rights include access to the final Home Video version, so yes, it is the Home video version and not the TV airing.
Generally when a company releases a show using the TV Broadcast masters you tend to hear about it. Some of Viz's earlier releases were done from the broadcast masters like Lagrange Season 1. Hell, other than being 1080i it still has creditless versions of the post OP sponsor screens.

I hope MVM put arakawa set 2 up on dotw, I got set 1 when it was on DOTW, but they never put set 2 up, one would hope now that they've this complete set up they'd put set 2 up on DOTW as it can't be generating much more in terms of sales.

For MVM > Are there any plans to release Mayo Chiki with the dub on Blu-ray in the UK? *fingers crossed*

I know Madman hasn't released the dual audio version on Blu-ray, but perhaps you guys could look into it or do a collab?

On a side note I hope that there will be more Blu-ray releases and upgrades in Q2 next to the confirmed Log Horizon and Muv-Luv Alternative.

windcott said:
I hope MVM put Arakawa set 2 up on DOTW, I got set 1 when it was on DOTW, but they never put set 2 up, one would hope now that they've this complete set up they'd put set 2 up on DOTW as it can't be generating much more in terms of sales.
I hate to ruin your hope, but they won't judging preceding occurrences.

I have kept track and thus I have the list of every single Deal of the Week ever. Quite a few franchises have (had) only a single part of the series on deal.

- Witchblade vol 1-3 (what nowadays would be "part 1") has been on DOTW in 2010 and 2011 while vol 4-6 hasn't been on DOTW.
- Moribito part 2 was on the DOTW in 2011, but part 1 strangely enough has never been on their DOTW. This might however been a deal in their pre-DOTW era.
- Bodacious Space Pirates part 1 was on DOTW in 2013, part 2 has never been on DOTW. I can also confirm at this point it has been skipped this year.
- ef ~ A Tale of Melodies was on DOTW in 2014, A Tale of Memories has not been on DOTW.
- Arakawa Under The Bridge season 1 was on DOTW in 2014, season 2 has never been DOTW.
- Bakemonogatari part 1 was their only Mystery DOTW, in 2014. Part 2 has never entered DOTW.

As much as I don't like to break the news to you, but what they did is actually a sales tactic just like the artboxes with free slots.
The tactic is to force you to buy the other part (or season in your case) at full price after luring you into buying the other part cheap. Even shops like Zavvi and Amazon love to do that.

Essentially what happens/happened after a complete collection gets released they switch out the singles for the complete collection as the deal.
Does this mean it's not worth buying single seasons/parts when they first come around in DOTW? My response is: better safe than sorry.

PS1: I didn't mention Hakuoki, Infinite Stratos and Is This a Zombie? earlier as it is hard to predict what will happen with these. But yeah, my stance: better safe than sorry. (so wait a while)
PS2: Shakugan no Shana II will probably join DOTW when the complete collection is released this year. Ikkitousen S3 and S4 will probably join DOTW later on in 2015.
PS3: Love Hina Again and Rozen Maiden Ouverture have never been on DOTW and could be considered similar to what I said earlier. (MVM does not have the rights to Love Hina Again anymore though, to who doesn't know)

Back