UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Re: UK Anime Distributor Representative: MVM Q&A Thread

Hello MVM person

Following discussion over in the News Thread, can you confirm the details for what packaging or extras (artbooks etc.) are included with the Fate/Zero Collectors edition?

I would say they will only announce that when they can beause I think if they could, they would have done it already. You know how these things go, you can always unveil most of them at a specific time or something. Hope I am wrong and they unveil it like today!! :D

We'll announce with details and pics as soon as we have confirmation and everything will be 100% ready.

As there's a collector's edition for part 1 but not part 2 will there be room in the case to store part 2 i.e. a case that can hold the full series? It would look as bit odd to have a special case for only half the series.

Random said:
As there's a collector's edition for part 1 but not part 2 will there be room in the case to store part 2 i.e. a case that can hold the full series? It would look as bit odd to have a special case for only half the series.

Yes, we'll be doing similar to what Manga did with the FMA Brotherhood BD set. Part 1 will be able to include Part 2.

MVM said:
Random said:

Yes, we'll be doing similar to what Manga did with the FMA Brotherhood BD set. Part 1 will be able to include Part 2.
Thats very handy, helps alot, especially when compared to the Hellsing Ulitmate release by Funimation, which only holds parts 1 and 2, but not the yet to be released 3rd one.

Do you plan on licensing the Patlabor TV series if the OVA sells well?

Just Passing Through said:
LtDiscotek said:
Do you plan on licensing the Patlabor TV series if the OVA sells well?

Facebook :(
I hope somebody like Anime Limited can license the TV series, because although I admire MVM for releasing the OVA, they shoulda knew that most people in the UK don't give a crap about pre 90s anime, and most likely don't know Oshii as a director since they don't know other directors besides Hayao Miyazaki. Shame to because Patabor is an awesome franchise, and to see it treated this way is horrible. **** it, I'm importing the TV series from america as soon as I get a region free player...

LtDiscotek said:
because Patabor is an awesome franchise, and to see it treated this way is horrible
Brilliantly remastered, re-licenced and released on BD in the US? I was sodding ecstatic, I never thought Patlabor on TV would get an English release ever again, and held tight to my CPM DVDs which in hindsight I could have sold for a lot of money but are now worthless - Isn't it always the way?

The UK market is just too small to support older, niche releases like that. There's no profit in it for UK distros so frankly I'd rather they didn't waste their time or money when I can just import. They need to do what keeps them in business at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Girls Und Panzer has a DVD release date in April. Before I pre-order is there any news on the Bluray? Is it happening?

Thanks

Random said:
Girls Und Panzer has a DVD release date in April. Before I pre-order is there any news on the Bluray? Is it happening?

Thanks
They mentioned something about it on Twitter before. I highly doubt it'd happen.
I've no doubt that Hanabee will just be importing Sentai's discs which will ultimately result in the same situation as Another - DVD only.

Great news, glad I held off importing.

Hopefully MVM can confirm if Accel World is getting a blu-ray release next, as Hanabee have confirmed they will be releasing it on blu-ray in Australia.

Also, MVM license a lot of titles from studio Gonzo and I was wondering if there was any chance MVM have/could look into licensing the following titles.

. Kaze no Stigma
. Dragonaut - The Resonance
. My Bride is a Mermaid
. Blassreiter

Well, they have reached back in the archives and picked up Shangri-La, Pumpkin Scissors, Linebarrels and Red Garden recently.

I was just thinking recently that I'm still surprised neither MVM nor ADV UK ever released Vandread (I imported it years ago).

Titan said:
Great news, glad I held off importing.

Hopefully MVM can confirm if Accel World is getting a blu-ray release next, as Hanabee have confirmed they will be releasing it on blu-ray in Australia.

Also, MVM license a lot of titles from studio Gonzo and I was wondering if there was any chance MVM have/could look into licensing the following titles.

. Kaze no Stigma
. Dragonaut - The Resonance
. My Bride is a Mermaid
. Blassreiter

You know what would be the best thing ever? My Bride is a Mermaid on Blu-Ray. That.

MVM said:
It is a title we've been asked previously and I even had the first disc to watch and give my personal opinion. It's certainly an interesting series and I think the Boss did look into it but never went further than that. If it didn't sell well in America or Australia it doesn't bode well for the UK, but never say never.
It did badly on it's (botched) release in the USA...
but well enough in Australia for them to have got the second season (unlike america).

So look at how it did in Australia and ignore how it performed in the USA.

For the US release it was more than half released by Geneon, then released as complete set only by Funimation. Who then had to do damage control and release the final volumes as singles too. They banked on making fans buy 2/3 of it twice and they refused to.
Also like all the other Geneon rescues second hand prices went astronomic ($200 or so) quite fast, as it somehow totally sold out despite having under performed.

Hey MVM rep

Is there any specific reason why your releases need to include a 'disc count' art on the front cover and/or spine? Also going based on memory here, but is there a reason why you use different art to represent a count sometimes?

Back