UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Rena Ryuugu said:
A quick question from me, I tried watching volume 2 of Slayers today and on episode 8, at a certain point(30:30) it froze and everything after, the picture went wierd. So I was wondering if the problem only on my copy?
Try using another player if you have one.
That's likely a transition between the layers on a two layer disk.

It's just a glitch at that point, right?

Rena Ryuugu said:
A quick question from me, I tried watching volume 2 of Slayers today and on episode 8, at a certain point(30:30) it froze and everything after, the picture went wierd. So I was wondering if the problem only on my copy?

Unfortunately there was a mastering problem with volume 2 - while it didn't affect everyone, it seems to not work on certain players. We have since remastered the volume so either send me a private message or email me on anime on line and I'll get a new copy sent out for you.

devilrules666 said:
What are the chances of MVM licensing say sentai filmwork stuff since manga don't neccsairy have the rights to their stuff?

Looking at the licenses Sentai have had it seems we have released a few so it is possible - never say never is all I can say.

MVM said:
Just Passing Through said:
Another question for the MVM rep...

Is there a legal, or an industry requirement that DVDs sold in the UK have to be PAL? Beyond the obvious that it would make licensing anime a whole lot easier if you could cut out the Region 4 conversion.

I can't think of any modern TV that doesn't display NTSC, and with progressive equipment.

I can't answer this properly as I don't really know myself but I am pretty sure that it is. Obviously pretty much all TV's/dvd players can play any region dvd nowadays. But like I said I'm not 100% sure on that.

Not true! Yes, just about all can play different formats: NTSC/ PAL but not all can play all REGIONS. My new Samsung only plays Regions B and 2. Just thought I'd say that :p

MVM said:
Rena Ryuugu said:

Unfortunately there was a mastering problem with volume 2 - while it didn't affect everyone, it seems to not work on certain players. We have since remastered the volume so either send me a private message or email me on anime on line and I'll get a new copy sent out for you.

Thank you very much for the reply and I have sent you a private message :D

No doubt this question will not particularly win me any friends on here as I know it's not a particularly well liked show about these parts. But I will ask anyway, after Dragon Destiny do you have any plans to release the next season of Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians?

robot monkey said:
No doubt this question will not particularly win me any friends on here as I know it's not a particularly well liked show about these parts. But I will ask anyway, after Dragon Destiny do you have any plans to release the next season of Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians?

Considering how well the first season did for us, we're going to wait and see how Dragon Destiny sells before making any decisions - if it does then chances are if we can get it, we'll get it.

devilrules666 said:
Would you be able to get the Fruits Basket license back?

Tricky as it was Funimation/Revelation. This was a huge seller back in its day and considering its been unavailable for a good two years it is possible - after all we managed to get the license back for Chobits.....so who knows......

hope you guys can bring more stuff out as much as manga is doing cause i dont know how mvm and beez manage to stay in business with only a few titles coming out.

Simple really. Both of them pick their titles very carefully and don't flood the market with crap like Vampire Dance Bud, Sekrei, Samurai Girls and Strike Witches. Ikki Tousen is the first MVM title that I will not buy in a while because of the fanservice, BUT i hope it sells well for them because I love the rest of their anime.

One more question! Have you guys got any new licenses to annoucment at London Expo?

MVM said:
robot monkey said:

Considering how well the first season did for us, we're going to wait and see how Dragon Destiny sells before making any decisions - if it does then chances are if we can get it, we'll get it.

That's good to hear. Will you be looking to get any of Media Blasters other titles, I would have thought some of them would be quite commercial in the UK market?

devilrules666 said:
Simple really. Both of them pick their titles very carefully and don't flood the market with crap like Vampire Dance Bud, Sekrei, Samurai Girls and Strike Witches. Ikki Tousen is the first MVM title that I will not buy in a while because of the fanservice, BUT i hope it sells well for them because I love the rest of their anime.

One more question! Have you guys got any new licenses to annoucment at London Expo?

Ikki Tousen will be the first MVM title that I will have bought in quite a while. Partly that's because they haven't had many new titles of late and partly because the titles they have had out of late don't interest me. Glad to be able to support them again.

devilrules666 said:

We do indeed! Whilst not technically new, no doubt we'll be telling you the two licenses of two older series long unavailable as well as new live action licenses as well what else we're looking to get.

Back