UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I would be all over Higurashi, as I have it on my list for a blu ray rewatch but not for that price. It's easy to understand as it just came out tho

Maybe next year.

If Toradora does not end up in this sale I will be mad and sad and slightly miffed that they used it as the deals image.

I was thinking the same thing the other day lol

Oh well, if they ever reprint it I might get it then, but it's not a favorite of mine so it's no big deal.

I will be annoyed if the amagami series goes OOP before some kind of sale tho (annoyed with myself as I skipped last year sale opportunity).

there hasn't been a fanservice theme yet on the sales has there? i figure with No Game No Life and Serial Lain Experiement being on seperate days which were on the weekly offers recently that Monster Musume coud be on tomorrow

If I remember correctly, Paranoia Agent censored a scene in which a trio of misfits attempting a group suicide, try/fail to hang themselves in the woods. It's been a while but I believe the edit shows them attaching the rope to the tree, then stepping up to it, before there's a sudden transition to one of the members rolling down a hill with a broken branch in tow. Hardly ideal but it wasn't enough to ruin the episode for me, as you could easily imply what had happened. If a US blu ray ever gets released in the future, I'll probably jump on it; until then the dvd is certainly worth a tenner for such a fantastic series.

I sprung for Red Garden, which has been the only thing I bought so far aside from the Abyss/Princess Principal pre order. It's not an astounding show or anything, but for £4 it's definitely worth a potential rewatch in the future. Funnily enough, its attempt at mimicking a US high school movie aesthetic makes it one of the few shows where Mari Okada's mean-spirited brand of melodrama actually works for me.

Last edited:
i was expecting more of my orders to be marked as shipped at least friday/saturday but nope :( how far behind is their warehouse people, they must have a looooot of orders to go through

i was expecting more of my orders to be marked as shipped at least friday/saturday but nope :( how far behind is their warehouse people, they must have a looooot of orders to go through
There was a software issue apparently that meant that orders weren’t getting fulfilled.

between december 8th and 13th they had around 1300 orders but that doesn't include people that put mutliple items in their order either, for comparison an order i put in at the end of june vs the end of august was only around 900 orders

If Toradora does not end up in this sale I will be mad and sad and slightly miffed that they used it as the deals image.

Toradora won't be in the sale sorry. And the image was simply used because it was Christmas related. Nor will it be in the Mystery DVD bundle [just in case you were thinking].

Shouldn’t Higarashi be lower than £80 as that’s its normal price?
The normal price is actually £89.99 - we take 25% off all our titles [aside from when they're pre-release which is 30%]. Granted £10 isn't much but it's only just come out and we wanted to include it as we were doing the DVD.

Because I know if we didn't include it, people would've been all "why no Blu-Ray?" So that way we make both DVD & BD lovers happy...Hopefully anyway...

The normal price is actually £89.99 - we take 25% off all our titles [aside from when they're pre-release which is 30%]. Granted £10 isn't much but it's only just come out and we wanted to include it as we were doing the DVD.

Because I know if we didn't include it, people would've been all "why no Blu-Ray?" So that way we make both DVD & BD lovers happy...Hopefully anyway...

It's anime fans, they'll never be happy 😜

Back