UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Sounds silly but OCD knows no bounds (traded in the MonMus collection for standard edition). In a world where physical media is a dying format and everyone's going digital the main reason to get physical is a premium collector's edition product that can be displayed (at a higher price point I may add).

Forgetting or neglecting to put a title on the spine is a no sale for me in afraid. I wish them the best with the release and hope others aren't as picky!

I'll definitely pick up 'Some Dudes Knuckles' in standard edition format when it's released :)

They can do what Sentai did and make a combo so it matche. If sentai made it unmatching it would be fine but no MVM literally changed the product as Sentai have promised DVDs on sequels. So if the original was BD only like MiA is then the film can be BD only and would be fine. But as this is a sequel and they committed to DVDs in the past and it has a DVD set why cant they include it to match. Its also £25 so higher than AL who do include DVDs. This is a bad value film CE plain and simple.

I complain about AL a lot. I don’t like that they don’t have a consistent idea of films BDs but always £20 price. At least eb. I did plan to get NGNL0 at the sale but it didn’t include BD only so second time the lack of DVD annoyed me a bit

I complain about AL a lot. I don’t like that they don’t have a consistent idea of films BDs but always £20 price. At least eb. I did plan to get NGNL0 at the sale but it didn’t include BD only so second time the lack of DVD annoyed me a bit
yea I get what you mean, I don't really need DVD copies so I don't mind if their not included, but I do have a bunch of sentai/MVM stuff (mainly CEs) with the DVD copies and if they are already doing that, why are they missing out on other stuff that has both formats for standard?

I don't really agree with your logic, lots of folks don't want DVDs regardless of the size of the box. This is the way forward, I also think £25 is Fine and if it had an Anime Limited logo on the box people wouldn't be complaining.

Back